Avante Care & Support
We think about ‘care’ in a different way – admission into a care home is the start of a new phase of life. This approach is engrained in our philosophy of care, The Eden Alternative, and our Vision, ‘Communities where everyone has a vibrant and fulfilling life’.
We are looking for a clinical Deputy Manager to support our Home Manager at our Amherst Court care home, Palmerston Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 6LU to deliver exceptional person-centred care to our residents and drive a positive culture and environment.
This is a full-time role and the job-holder must have the capacity to work a minimum of alternate weekends.
This role will be ideal for a Qualified Nurse with NMC pin holder who is passionate about care and has a Level 4 qualification in Health and Social care. They will have experience of supervising staff and co-ordinating support provision, A high level of experience in delivering personal care and person-centred care and inclusive approaches with clinical experience. They will be able to write care plans and draw up rotas. Demonstrable knowledge of dementia type conditions and care as well as understanding of budget management systems.
The Deputy Care Home Manager will work closely with the Registered Home Manager and provide management and clinical leadership to a team of Senior Care Leads and Care and Domestic Professionals. They will be responsible for ensuring all current and newly referred residents and service users are properly assessed and that high quality, person-centred support is provided in line with Avante’s Philosophy of Care based on the Eden Alternative, in a homely and safe environment in accordance with Avante Care and Support’s overall Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions. In addition to facilitating best practice and effective communication with relevant stakeholders, they will ensure team members have the skills and competences required, provide supervision and a developmental focus for practice and ensure that all regulatory and contractual standards are met and exceeded.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
· Manage and co-ordinate day-to-day activities within the service.
· Ensure that all services are delivered within the framework of Avante Care & Support’s core values and in line with Avante Care & Support’s Policies and Procedures.
· Ensure that clinical and operational services are of a standard which meet and exceed standards set by regulatory bodies, including the National Care Standards, SCIE Standards, NICE standards, NMC guidelines and contractual obligations.
· Provide personal and social care to residents, according to their needs and wishes and in accordance with Avante’s Philosophy of Care, based on the Eden Alternative (there’s an expectation to attend the Eden Alternative in-house training, provided by the Organisation) which include person centred approaches, underpinned by the Residential Quality Manual and Avante’s Equal Opportunities Policy statement.
· Provide nursing support under the supervision and instruction of health professionals, when required.
· Ensure statements are sought with any investigations being dealt with in a timely manner. – Ensure that all incidents are uploaded and revisited routinely to give updates with time, date and name of those updating.
· Ensure a high level of detail when uploading information i.e. Pressure ulcers – where and what you are doing about it, who you have contacted or referred too, equipment now in place etc.
· Ensure any safeguards including Level 42, complaints, etc., are escalated to the Registered Home Manager (and Head of Care were relevant).
· Liaise with external professionals, individuals and families as required to ensure that the needs of residents and service users supported are reviewed regularly and appropriate care plans developed so that we continue to meet their needs.
· Ensure that effective referral protocols and practices are in place to enable speedy and positive responses are provided to meet new demands.
· Undertake administrative tasks as required e.g. in relation to staff records, management returns and maintaining records, as required.
· Contribute to the effective marketing, promotion and business development of the Care Home.
· Assess on a monthly basis the banding tool and look at fees with the home manager accordingly – report this to the Head of care monthly.
· Undertake internal monthly audits in line with the Residential Framework and action any correctives raised.
· To oversee, audit, order and administer medication at the home.
· Manage people and resources
· Facilitate best practice, inclusion and effective communication
If the above sounds like you, join now and benefit from;
- · Highly competitive rates of pay
- · DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- · Pension Contributions
- · Free Uniform
- · Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- · Training & Development Opportunities
- · 24/7 access to virtual GP’s, Physiotherapy and counselling with our well-being service
- · Employee of the Month & Sparkle Awards
- · Flexible working patterns
- · Discount at over 800 retailers
- · A friendly, supportive, team working environment
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- NVQ Level 4 in Health & Social Care (preferred)
- Nursing Qualification with NMC Pin Holder (preferred)