Astute Home Care Limited
Why work for Astute over other care companies?
Astute is a new and exciting live-in care provider based in Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire. As a start-up provider of care, you will work closely with the Founder and Chief Executive to build a special care company from the ground up. If you enjoy considerable autonomy, responsibility, hard work, and thrive on helping others, then this is the role for you. We are aiming to be the provider of choice for disabled and older adults in Hertfordshire and beyond.
Your work here will be purposeful acting as the registered manager day to day. You will be enabling our clients to continue living in the place they love most – their own homes. And whilst you’re ensuring our clients get the best possible care, we’ll support you to grow your career in care, providing you with excellent training, mentoring, coaching and support.
What will my work involve?
You will be responsible autonomous in the management of your day to day work managing live-in care for our clients acting as the registered manager. You will lead the recruitment of suitably experienced and skilled carers, ensuring they receive high quality training, supervision and support in the field to deliver high-quality care to clients in their own homes. Getting to know every Carer and Client, you’re the person our Carers will turn to for advice. You’ll also be at the heart of our care, keeping everything running smoothly, providing the all-important link between our Clients and Carers.
You’ll have responsibility for finding new clients and opportunities for growth and autonomous in your day to day work, where you will be visiting clients within your region and attending occasional team meetings in Hertfordshire. You will be responsible for identifying the needs of your clients before they even know them and then creating and implementing a plan of care to meet these needs and bring about positive change. You must have strong planning, organisation and prioritisation skills as well as assertiveness, compassion and empathy.
A little bit about you
It’s essential you have previous experience of leading teams in the care sector. You might have been a care team leader, or you may already be working as a Care Manager. If you’re as passionate about quality care as we are, this is a great opportunity to apply your excellent communication and relationship building skills in a business that genuinely makes a difference with great opportunity for career development. As there will be some travel involved you’ll also need to be a driver with your own car and live in or close to the area.
We’re looking for:
- At least 5 years experience of working in health and social care
- Good planning, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Assertiveness, compassion and empathy
- Good communication skills and the ability to build lasting relationships
- As there will be some travel involved you’ll need to be a driver with your own car and live in or close to the area.
- Level 5 diploma in Health and Social Care, or equivalent
- Experience in care of disabled and older adults in the community
How will I be rewarded?
- A competitive salary of between £32,000 – £36,000 depending on experience
- Comprehensive AXA Private medical insurance
- 33 days of annual leave per annum (including 8 days bank holiday)
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- Autonomous hybrid working
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00-£36,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Loyalty bonus
- Performance bonus