WILLOW HOMECARE & SUPPORT SERVICES LTD
Willow Homecare are currently recruiting for a Care Manager to support and work alongside the office and Management Team and to support staff and service users within the community within domiciliary care.
This is a full-time role that will require someone with leadership and organisational skills. This individual will support the Management Team and the Care Team within the day to day running of the business. It will be critical for the individual to carry out the following tasks:
- Ensure best practice is evident
- Create professional, trustworthy relationships and ensure ongoing safety for service users their families and care staff
- Promote Person Centred Planning
- To support and develop an outcome based service within the community
- Encourage, motivate and develop the team where required, using company support.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and professional meetings when required
- Liaise with health care professionals, to create the best support for service users
- Ensure all service user information is kept up to date and secure in line with GDPR, the local authorities and the CQC (Care Quality Commission)
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly in accordance within company policy and procedures
- Have a sound knowledge of health and safety standards and safeguarding policies.
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
- To undertake the out of hours on call management on a rotational basis
The successful candidate will have:
· An understanding and working knowledge of CQC regulations and standards
· Knowledge of safeguarding, safeguarding referrals and the management and implementation of safeguarding procedures
· Significant experience of supporting people with complex health needs within the community
- Management experience working within a management team meeting goals and requirements of the company
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
- Have fantastic communication, listening and organisational skills
- An empathetic approach
- The ability to gain the trust of care staff, individuals and their families and to build good relationships with vulnerable people
- A high level of patience and emotional resilience
- Ability to manage operational budgets
- Good IT skills including Outlook and Microsoft Word
- A respect for client confidentiality
- The ability to work collaboratively with the directors of the company / Registered Manager / General Manager
- Driver with own vehicle essential