- Full Time
- 38,715 GBP / Year
Metropolitan Thames Valley
£38,715 – £40,753
The Care & Support Manager is pivotal to the success of our schemes in North London and Central. The patch that you will be responsible for comprises of Supported Living Accommodation and Community based schemes, supporting people with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism and Complex needs, across a geographical area in North and Central London. Each customer has unique support needs and individual care requirements. The focus of our work is to promote and maximise independent living and achieve social inclusion. Our culture and ethos evolve around promoting choice and control and person-centred care for our customers, so as they can fulfil their potential and lead full and happy lives.
Overall Key Responsibilities & Outcomes
You will be responsible for day to day running of the service we provide. Providing an excellent level of customer service and ensuring that all regulatory and contractual commitments are met to a high standard. We expect the Care & Support Manager to lead by example and develop a team to deliver the service to its highest standard.
- Support the development of services, raising the profile of Care and Support services and the MTVH offer to customers.
- Assist in the development, delivery and reporting of team plans for designated service area to evidence high quality service delivery.
- Promote MTVH’s vision and culture and embed within core areas of responsibility to enhance our reputation in the marketplace. Work within timeframes set by internal and external stakeholders to role model ‘gold standard’ delivery.
- Ensure customer and staff engagement in the development and implementation of business processes to ensure they meet changing requirements. Lead services provided by example, adhering to business standards, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Recruit, induct, develop and manage the performance of staff to deliver cohesive, high performing teams, which achieve performance targets and consistently high-performance standards.
- Manage the scheduling and deployment of team members (including annual leave and absence) to achieve optimum care levels for customers as well as providing a cost-effective staffing model for the service.
- Support the Operation Manager to manage service income and expenditure budgets effectively, to meet contract, regulatory and business requirements, maintaining excellent standards of service delivery.
- Identify and evaluate contingencies required for designated services and develop plans to deliver business efficiency and continuity.
- Assist with the monitoring, management and reporting on performance and risk, taking appropriate action to deliver compliance with quality standards, business targets, contractual and regulatory frameworks.
- Make decisions regarding information to be included in reports and updates to stakeholders.
- Recommend best practice methodology to workstream leads.
This is a demanding and full-time role, with a requirement to participate in On Call duties.
What you`ll need to succeed
To be successful in the role previous experience of working with vulnerable adults is essential.
You will be able to influence the future success of our business and your development. We are therefore seeking individuals with drive and ambition to deliver excellence and support the winning of future business.
As you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with contractual, regulatory and business requirements, you must, also, demonstrate clear understanding and significant experience within CQC Registered schemes and the associated standards. In addition, you will be effectively managing staff, service budgets and other resources to ensure commercial viability. This should all be evidenced on your CV.
Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names.
Plus, lots of voluntary benefits, including cash back and discounts from high street names.
What you need to do now
If you`re interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it`s the ideal job for you, click `apply now` to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
“We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.”
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit -; interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.