Join Be Caring and help us to shape the future of adult social care!
Role – Care Service Manager – Shared Living Services
Are you a resilient, capable, hardworking and passionate care professional? Can you lead a dynamic and diverse team? Can you effectively manage a growing service and help us to continue to achieve great things?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned and experienced care manager with proven leadership abilities to join the team.
- Salary – £33,000 per annum + additional payments for on-call duties
- Hours – Full Time contracted hours
- Location – Tyneside Branch Office, Regent Centre (NE3)
- Closing date for applicants – Friday 29th September at 5:00pm
LIFE by Be Caring… What do we do?
LIFE by Be Caring is our dedicated learning disabilities community care provision, supporting individuals across the Tyneside area. This role will see you manage our shared living complex (West Denton – NE5) & shared living bungalows (Dinnington – NE13), we support around 30 individuals across both services. Well established office teams and support staff work tirelessly to ensure that person-centred and individualised support is facilitated.
What we need from you
Great care is dependent on a great team, and a great team is led by a capable manager, someone who will work to develop the skills of their team and enable the department to shine. We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record of leading care services in an effective, safe and confident manner.
- Is confident to deliver Be Caring’s vision and being an integral part of the senior management team to continue our mission to shape the future of adult social care
- Will build constructive relationships with external professionals, care commissioners and social work teams.
- Is meticulous with details; as the registered manager you will be required to evidence and highlight both strengths and weaknesses, being able to plan and manage development of your central team.
- Has excellent understanding and knowledge of what governs us as a care organization; you will be aware of CQC and local authority expectations and how to not only meet but exceed these expectations.
- Is creative in their thinking, encouraging departmental development and growth. It is vital that you are a goal setter and achiever.
- Is well-organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Can deliver against agreed actions and plans, evidencing how the department is achieving required goals and aims.
- Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social care – Desirable with a willingness to undertake.
- Taking up CQC Registration for services will be part of this role – 6-12 months into employment and once settled into role.
- Is a driver with their own transport – Being part of the on-call service when required.
What you can expect from us
As an employee-owned social-enterprise we are committed to providing you with full support and training for your development. Joining a new organisation can be worrying for anyone, so you have our assurance that we will provide you with support to help you reach your goals and targets.
As part of the Tyneside management team, you will be joining a local team with an abundance of skills, knowledge and experience, providing hands-on support and guidance. You will also be part of the wider Be Caring senior leadership team, contributing to the organisation’s aims, goals and ambitions.