Willow Care & Support Ltd
The registered Manager will provide high quality homecare services that support the rights of clients to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable to the senior management team and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care, the Care Quality Commission. The manager will have regular contact with commissioners, social workers and other professionals.
The Manager will be based in our Sale office but must drive and be able to commute to Derby on a regular basis to manage the work we have there.
- Efficiently manage the day to day running of the branch.
- Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality homecare to customers.
- Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Duties and specific responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day functionality of the branch
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy, CQC regulations and government legislation. Apply this knowledge to day-to-day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Effectively manage and record complaints and incidents.
- Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
- Provide an excellent service to clients and customers
- Promote the rights of each client and keep their wishes at the Centre of their care and support
- Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a client assessment and risk assessment with the client, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the customer needs and would like to achieve from their care and support
- Make sure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the client’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks
- Provide the client, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
- Apply excellent communication skills with clients, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services
- Keep all information about clients and their families secure and confidential
- Lead, manage, support and mentor care staff
- Adhere to the code of conduct / confidentiality in the office and be respectful of peers, working cohesively
- Work with the HR Manager to manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the coordinator (s), supervisor (s), care workers and other support staff.
- Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times
- Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles.
- Carry out annual appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent
- Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the senior management team to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the COO and CEO.
- Complete regular monthly audits of client and carer files.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties.
This job description will be updated from time to time at the discretion of management in response to changing business needs.
1) To enable care workers to attend all care visits in a timely manner
2) To have a strong knowledge of the requirements of the fundamental standards as regulated by CQC
3) To cope professionally with emergency and difficult situations
4) To be able to communicate effectively
5) To maintain high standards of home care provision
6) To be able to implement induction programmes, and to identify and provide for on-going training needs
7) Commitment to own professional and personal development
1) Genuine care, compassion, and respect for others
2) Excellent communication skills and time management
3) To be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
4) Must not have criminal convictions
5) Even-tempered and patient
6) Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
7) Excellent planning and organisational skills
8) Ability to understand the role and home care legislation and regulations
9) Experience in care provision at a level that reflects the responsibilities of the post
10) Good literacy and numeracy skills
11) Computer literate
12) Administrative experience
13) Full driving licence
Management experience of service provision in the care profession. Minimum standard of ‘working towards’ NVQ5 in care and the Registered Manager’s Award or equivalent in order to satisfy regulatory requirements.
1) Ability to display empathy, warmth and understanding
2) Flexible and reliable
3) Management skills
Skills & Attributes
1) Skills in assessment and care planning is essential and desired
2) Ability to cope with change
3) People management skills
4) Good presentation skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £32,000.00 per year