Age Concern Hampshire
Are you passionate about making a real difference and supporting older people in the community?
If so then, Age Concern Hampshire has an exciting opportunity for a Day Care Manager based at our Locksheath Care and Wellbeing Centre.
This is a full time permanent position. Our ideal candidate will be someone who would like to pursue a career within Health and Social care.
Working five days a week, 8:30-16:30, we offer a competitive salary ranging up to £27,000 per annum, pro rata (depending on experience)
The benefits we offer include;
- Week day working – Sociable hours and no bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- 22 days paid holiday, plus bank/public holidays
- Free DBS check
- Blue light card
- Recommend a new employee referral
- Free car parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- COVID-safe working practices
As well as the immense job satisfaction you will get from making a real difference to the lives of people in your local community, you will have continuous opportunities for training, personal development and career progression.
The post holder will have responsibility and accountability for all service management functions within each area including Health & Safety, in line with Age Concern Hampshire’s values and contract commitments. Knowledge of working within a regulated service and CQC standards would be an advantage.
The main responsibilities of the Day Centre Manager role include:
- Support the Head of Operations to ensure the smooth and effective running of services at a designated Care and Wellbeing Centre to deliver meaningful services to clients and carers;
- Manage and support a team of staff within the Centre;
- Manage staff performance and through motivation encourage people to succeed
- Assist with the planning and delivery of wellbeing and day services in accordance with service contracts, along with supporting the marketing activity to attract new clients
- Comply with Age Concern Hampshire policies and contractual specifications;
- Provide support to volunteers working in the Centre;
- Manage the physical resources of the Centre;
- Ensure clear and effective communication with all stakeholders;
- Support in ensuring staff training is completed in a timely manner;
- Drive performance, quality of service, cost of delivery, and compliance;
- Ensure that Charity Log is updated with all client interaction;
- Identify and drive new opportunities within the area;
- Support the Area Manager in dealing with escalations;
- Cover for the Area Manager during periods of absence;
- Train team members in client service delivery;
- Input into reports on service delivery, including outcomes to clients and carers;
- Identify and eliminate non-value-added services /activities within the business operation;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a joined-up professional approach to client service delivery;
- One-to-one coaching and training to help team members to deliver excellent value;
- Build strong interpersonal and collaborative relationships;
- Ensure food hygiene standards are maintained at all times, where applicable;
- Manage transport requirements safely;
- Ensure all staff are adequately supervised, appraised and developed;
- Ensure the highest standards of upkeep and maintenance of Centres;
- Any other reasonable duties.
Age Concern Hampshire is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Day Care Manager, then visit the Age Concern Hampshire website for more information on the vacancy or click ‘apply’ today.