Iris Care Group
Full UK Driving Licence essential
Iris Care Group offer supported living services to adults with autism & learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers; we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support.
In this role you are a frontline worker supervising other team members as well as supporting people with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs. All of our service provision will be delivered in a person-centred manner, with absolute engagement of the people we support.
· To support the manager to effectively manage a team of staff to deliver person centred, specialist services to those we support.
· To provide clear leadership to support workers in relation to work issues and to offer guidance, support, and training where required, alongside conducting staff supervisions.
· To ensure you fully understand the principles of the REACH standards (Supported Living services) and Iris Care Group values and that these are embedded within your own and your team’s daily practice.
· Ensuring all written reports including care plans and risk assessments are kept up to date, accurate and reflective of needs.
· Contributing to the organisational audit of the service and helping to implement of the recommendations for service improvement.
· To act as a representative of Iris Care Group in all dealings with external professionals, families, carers and members of the public.
· To provide cover for Registered Managers when required.
· To conduct regular team meetings.
· To plan and manage a rota that is reflective of commissioned hours.
· Managing the impact of absence within the staff team.
· Actively engaging with families and external professionals.
· Ensuring implementation and maintenance of systems which guarantee compliance.
· To contribute to a 24 hour on call system.
· Level 3 Diploma in health and social care or equivalent
· Substantial Experience of working with adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs as a Senior Support Worker/Team leader
· Experience of leading, motivating, supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation
· Experience of dealing with difficult and challenging situations safely and calmly
· Management qualification or relevant degree
· Willing to work towards a Level 4/5 Leadership and Management in Health & Social Care Diploma or equivalent.
· Experience of CQC inspection process
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£28,500.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Referral programme
- Full UK driving licence (required)
- visa with a minimum of 12 months left on it (required)