Granville Gardens Care Home
Acacia Care is coming to Hinckley! Currently in the last stages of construction and due to open in Autumn, Granville Gardens Care Home is seeking motivated and passionate Deputy Care Managers to join us on this exciting new journey. Providing residential, respite, and dementia care, with 68 state-of-the-art rooms for residents to reside in, spacious dining and lounge areas, and so much more, we are excited to be bringing this opportunity to Hinckley!
Allocated to one floor, to enable you to provide only the best level of care to residents, you will be expected to be an active and encouraging senior member of the care team, responsible for supporting, supervising and listening to the needs of both your staff and residents.
What you will receive as a Deputy Care Manager;
- £15.21 per hour
- Full-time, permanent contract
- 37.5 hours per week – flexibility is essential to ensure the needs of the home are met
- Working 1 weekend in every 3
- Based in Hinckley – LE10 0JD
What you will be doing as a Deputy Care Manager;
- Manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of your floor
- Recognise and assess individuals’ needs, liaising with third parties and relatives where needed
- Be responsible for the health and safety of the floor maintaining a safe environment for all
- Investigate any complaints promptly, compile reports and actions as appropriate, recording in line with current legislation
- Administer medication, ensure care plans are followed and maintain systems for effective stock management for your floor
- Management of staff including staff rotas, ensuring adequate numbers and that cover is arranged for each shift, managing staff holiday and sickness, etc.
- Providing information and guided tours to prospective residents and relatives, assessing prospective residents and negotiating fees
- To be on call as and when required – Cover for both days and nights will be required at times
What benefits you will receive as a Deputy Care Manager;
- Health Care Cash Plan includes Employee Assistance Programme, everyday dental treatment, fast and easy online access to a GP, discounted gym membership, helpline service, telephone counselling, NHS and private prescription charges, and so much more!!
- Company Christmas Bonus
- Employee of the Month scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Higher than average pay rates
- Full induction & training
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
What you will need to be successful as a Deputy Care Manager;
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience within a caring environment
- Understanding of the Health & Social Care Act and Health & Safety legislation, in-depth knowledge of the Key Line of Enquiry and how the service is regulated against the essential components of KLOE
- Leadership qualities, enthusiasm along with influencing and strong motivational skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Able to engage, participate and build working relationships with staff and residents