Forest Health Care
A specialist provider of nursing care located in Borehamwood (Hertfordshire) is looking for an experienced Deputy Care Manager (RGN Qualified) to join our team.
This 178-bed care home provides nursing, dementia & specialist care facilities. Our ethos is to be family-orientated, professional, hard-working, resident-led and fun.
The Deputy Care Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of all aspects of business performance within the home, providing leadership and running the home in the absence of the Home Manager. Ensuring the highest quality of care is offered to residents and their families whilst meeting all regulatory standards and ensuring company policies are adhered to.
As a Deputy Care Manager you will:
- Lead and inspire the team to deliver special experiences to residents, which promote choice and independence to make a positive difference to their lives
- Achieve the highest possible standards of care and enhance the resident experience, ensuring that all company policies, regulations, Codes of Conduct and care plans are adhered to
- Work with the Home Manager to implement care home policies around standards care, staff welfare and training and develop an excellent reputation
- Develop personal contact with residents, their relatives and visitors to enhance the residents quality of life
- Deputise in the overall management of the care home including production of reports, budgets & Quality of Life monitoring
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others, including colleagues, residents and visitor to the Home and alerting the officers responsible to any hazards or potential risks to health and safety
- Ensure you are the team attend training days and courses to ensure learning records are maintained and individuals are developed
To succeed you will be:
- A registered nurse with experience of managing a team, ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the home
- Experienced in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services
- Able to support and guide others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times
- Experienced in working in the healthcare sector
- Driven and motivated and believe in quality care
- An energetic, committed and approachable manager
- An inspiring leader who can motivate teams through obvious passion and commitment
- A natural networker with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proud to be a custodian of their residents well-being
Experience as a Registered Nurse (RGN) + Valid NMC PIN is essential.
What benefits do we offer?
As well as competitive salaries we offer some great benefits including:
- Excellent Induction training
- Ongoing career training and development
- Workplace Pension
- £1000 ‘refer a friend’ programme
- Discounted hot meals
- Generous annual leave package
Appointment to this position will be subject to a successful DBS check
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From £60,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Night shift
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person