Deputy Home Manager.
Competitive package on offer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Home Manger to join the caring team at Wickmeads, our residential care home, located a stone’s throw from the idyllic Tuckton Gardens and River Stour, Christchurch, Dorset.
To be considered for the position you will need to step out from the crowd and be passionate about offering high levels of care .This role ideally may suit a strong Care Team Leader looking for career progression or a current Deputy Manager
As a not-for-profit charity within Social Care, we focus on the reward and recognition of all our people, our benefits include:
- Blue Light Shopping Discount Card
- Reward and Recognition Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Industry Based Qualifications
The Deputy Home Manager will have specific responsibility in assisting the Home Manager in the management of the home and for maintaining high standards of care practice in line with the Company’s aims and objectives.
In the absence of the Home Manager, you will be responsibility for the overall management of the home. A commitment to continuous improvement is required to ensure services enhance quality of life for people receiving care and support from our team.
Key duties for Deputy Home Manager include :
- Support the Home Manager – creating a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Provide managerial leadership support for the planning, development and running of the home.
- Undertake assessments of prospective residents
- Provide clarity and direction, supervision, and support in managing individuals.
- Assess the preparation and presentation of reports and assessments.
- Ensure the control, administration and disposal of prescribed drugs and medications within the service.
- Design and implement rotas to suit the needs of the establishment and which will maximise the use of staff over twenty-four period.
- Assist Registered Manager in implementing all departmental policies and procedures and in carrying out tasks related to budgets, Health and Safety, staff supervision, training and appraisal, and recruitment of care staff.
All our people here at Care South pride themselves on providing a safe and caring environment where residents can live their lives as if in the comfort of their own home. This will be always championed and supported at Deputy Home Manager level.
- Social and outgoing with excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Able to work well within a team environment.
- Holder of a DBS on the update service or prepared to undertake on
To be considered for the position you will need to step out from the crowd – you’ll also need to be currently working at Care Team Leader level or above.
PEOPLE | PASSION | PURPOSE
Care South are one of the top rated Care Home Groups in the UK based on published reviews from residents and their family and friends at carehome.co.uk.
As a not-for-profit charity, our HEART values are key to us providing outstanding care. For more information about us, our values, and benefits, please visit our website: http://www.care-south.co.uk/about-us.
For any questions, please contact the recruitment team on 01202 712448.