Milewood Healthcare Ltd
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Manager to support our friendly, motivated teams within our Whitby services at Milewood Healthcare.
This isn’t just a job; this is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
This role is ideal for a Deputy Manager looking for a new challenge or an experienced Care Worker looking to take the next step in their career.
About the role
Our Care Workers are enthusiastic about providing a high-quality and bespoke service to each of our service users, always putting those in our care at the heart of what we do. To ensure we can achieve this, the Deputy Manager role is to support the Registered Manager in their diverse tasks for the day to day management of the homes within a residential setting. This includes having a main focus on care planning, staff rota’s, training and support and the monitoring of the health and welfare of the service users.
To succeed in this position, you will need great communication and interpersonal skills so that you can form solid relationships with the Care Workers, service users and other colleagues.
Working within care means no two days are the same, and this role encompasses a range of tasks dependent on the service users needs.
We welcome applications for this role from candidates with care experience (ideally with some management or senor care experience) in the following areas: Care Assistant, Care Worker, Healthcare, Health and Social Care, Support and Care Plans. This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Learning, development, and progression through funded qualifications and apprenticeships
- Top quality induction and training programme to prepare you for your role
- Blue Light Membership providing discounts to many shops and services
- Golden Hello bonus of £500 on successful completion of the probation period
- Employee referral scheme
- Extensive wellbeing support by way of accessing specialist advice
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and reliability
- Detail orientated
- Hardworking and compassionate nature
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NVQ or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- Experience of working in a management or a senior care worker role
About the Company
Milewood is a name trusted in the North of England, Midlands and Suffolk to provide progressive residential and supported living services for adults with an intellectual disability.
With over 40 homes across the country, we see care from the service user’s point of view. That means enabling them to receive the choices and rights they are entitled to and to become as independent as possible within an inclusive community
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,833.00 per year