Enable Support Services
**Welcome Bonus Scheme of £300 if you can start by 31/7/23**
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established care provider that support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities.
We are looking for a Better Practice Lead to work alongside the Support Manager in the Mendips. Within this role you will assist in the management of supported living services as well as community services. The Better Practice Lead is a blended role. The BPL will assist the Support Manager in managing the services across Mendips, as well as supporting the clients (4 days per week) and leading the team (1 day per week). The role is based across Mendips, with the successful candidate working from the Yeovil office 1 day per week (increasing to 2 days in time) to carry out management duties on top of the delivery of support and having presence in the supported living locations. The candidate will also need to be available to carry out a minimum of a sleep in once a week and will have a level of flexibility to cover in the event of an emergency.
Reporting to the Support Manager, you will effectively lead and inspire your teams to provide the highest quality person-centred support and care. You will assist with the responsibility for the smooth management of the services, leading the team by example.
- Assisting with the management of day to day operations to include the rota
- Building relationships with all stakeholders
- Leading by example – ensuring your services are well organised, following internal & relevant external policies and procedures, including health & safety at all times.
- Proactive – continuously seeking ways to improve and grow the services to attain CQC Good or Outstanding ratings.
- Working closely with the the Support Manager for the Mendip area and assist in the coaching, training and mentoring of the staff teams.
- Act as a positive and proactive advocate for the clients we support, promoting their rights and encouraging their active involvement in decision-making.
- Managing a caseload of clients in the Mendip area and ensuring their support is safe, effective, person centred and outcome based.
You’ll need proven experience in…
- The learning disability, mental health and supported living care sector
- Strong leadership, excellent communication, and motivational skills
- NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care or willing to work towards
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- CQC regulations and how to translate these into working practice.
- Understanding person-centred care and support provision
- Fast paced environments where you have had to prioritise and multitask.
- Making commercial decisions and delivering growth
- IT systems, budgets, and financial management
We are offering bonus schemes for new applicants that start in July
1) £100 for new starters who join the team in July, or
2) £300 for those on the DBS update service who join the team by 31 July 2023
- We offer fully funded DBS
- High levels of support and supervision
- Annual leave allocation of 29 days (which includes an extra day off on your birthday)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is 24 hour free and confidential service available to all staff.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Variety of recognition awards for staff on a monthly basis
- Salaries are paid the in the same month so no need to work a month in hand (contracted staff only- zero hour are one month in arrears)
- Refer a friend schemes- £100 for candidate and current employee on successful probation.
Have any questions? Or, if you’d like to find out more, you can visit our website enableandsupport.co.uk or call us on 07487 581777
Sound interesting? What are you waiting for? Apply today, we can’t wait to hear from you!
We are looking to fill these vacancies as soon as possible, so reserve the right to close our advert early if we find suitable candidates before the closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check, this is paid for by Enable Support Services.
Enable Support Services welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,375.00-£31,135.00 per year
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mendip: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have any qualifications relevant to the role? If yes please detail
- supported living: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence and access to a car (required)