We are recruiting a Deputy Manager/Clinical Lead to join the team at St George’s Nursing Home in Witham, which provides residential and nursing care, and specialises in high dependency, intermediate and long-term palliative care and end of life care.
Our philosophy is to provide our residents with a relaxed and comfortable home in which their nursing care needs, well-being and choice are of prime importance. We achieve this by putting our residents at the centre of all decisions about their lives and by encouraging them to exercise their rights in all aspects of their care. We strive to preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality, and privacy of all residents within a warm and caring environment that is both safe and comfortable.
Are you an organised, methodical nurse/ deputy manager who is passionate about delivering positive change, are you able to demonstrate a passion for best practice within an elderly nursing home environment for those residents who require Nursing care, will you be able to demonstrate to others how our residents can have a fulfilling life whilst at St George’s Nursing home, then this role may be for you .
You will be supporting and deputising for the Home manager, you will provide inspiring leadership for our nursing team and our care colleagues and oversee high quality and clinical care delivery and will support the Home manager in regard to referrals to the Home .
You will also support the Home manager to maintain the highest level of clinical governance whilst regularly auditing practice to meet CQC requirements . As the clinical lead you will be flexible in regard to shift working although this role is Monday -Friday , you must be ready to meet the needs of our residents, you will be part of the On-Call team for the Home.
Experience, Qualifications and Specific Knowledge
- First level registered nurse with current NMC pin Number
- Experience of working with older people
- Experience of managing a team/leadership skill
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of care of people with long term conditions e.g. neurological, stroke, heart disease, depression and arthritis
- Experience of care home environment
- Knowledge of CQC Regulations
- Clinical supervision skills
We can offer you:
- Comprehensive training and induction package
- Progression and development opportunities
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays
- SSP if you are not able to work and maternity/paternity leave and pay
- Refer a friend scheme, offering £250 for successful referrals
- Early Pay – access to pay you have already earned before payday
- Successful Nurse Referrals £500
- Workplace pension through NEST or option to join SHPS Pension membership including life assurance
- Disability friendly
- Empathy/ wellbeing program
- Preferential dental / health contributory rates