Amber Mace Ltd
Toni at Amber Mace is delighted to be working on behalf of a FANTASTIC non-profit care provider, who are currently looking for a Residential Deputy Manager for their Care Home in Alton, Hampshire. Your role will be to support the Home Manager and oversee the daily running of the home.
This is a stunning, warm and welcoming home offering care to the elderly who may be living with age related conditions. The home is dedicated to providing the highest levels of care, tailored to suit individual needs, ensuring dignity and respect, and allowing residents to enjoy life to the fullest. One of their main focuses is to maintain and boost their residents independence and wellbeing, providing spacious rooms, delicious meals, landscaped gardens and a variety of stimulating activities and the home is rated ‘Good’ in all areas by the CQC.
My client is looking for someone who is passionate, flexible and confident, you will be an innovative and inspiring hands on leader. Along with the support of your team, you will oversee the care of the residents ensuring that all residents have appropriate goals and that all residents have person centred care, inspiring and leading residents to have outstanding outcomes.
You will be responsible for the quality of assessments, care planning, implementation and evaluation of care staff training to ensure that residents have an excellent standard of care at all times. You will spend around 2 days a week of your time hands on and managing the floor and the team to ensure high standards are maintained and any additional training needs are met. This also helps you build and maintain relationships with the residents and the team.
- Take responsibility for the running of the Home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- Assist the Registered Manager with the management of the Homes staffing, financial and material resources, including involvement in staff recruitment and selection and budgetary control.
- Ensure that high standards of care are delivered to meet the needs of the individual resident, to monitor and maintain these standards. Ensuring that residents maintain their dignity, choice and individuality.
- Ensure the healthcare needs of the residents are met by liaising with GP’s District Nurses, Chiropodists etc.
- Ensure that records relating to residents are understood, acted upon by all staff and that they are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Lead, manage and develop the work of the staff team, under the supervision of the Registered Manager, by setting objectives and supervising staff. Carry out appraisals and ensure development needs are met through appropriate training and staff development programmes.
- Assist the Registered Manager and Home Administrator / Book keeper in the maintenance of records relating to staff employed in the Home.
- Take responsibility for management of specific staffing matters as required by the Registered Manager.
- The post holder will work at least 2 shifts per week “on the floor”.
- Be available for on-call duties, as required.
The Successful candidate will have the following essential skills and qualifications:
- MUST hold an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care and willing to work towards Level 5
- At least 1 years previous experience in a management role within a care home setting – Essential
- Effective Leadership and Time Management
- Good working knowledge and understanding of CQC regulations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience with elderly residents within a care home setting
- Experience dealing with budgets is an advantage
- Able to use standard MS office packages (Word/Outlook/Excel)
- Flexibility to alternate working pattern, provide cover and attend emergencies outside of normal working hours