Local Lanarkshire Care Ltd
Local Lanarkshire Care colleagues will offer a wide range of care and support to people living in and around Lanarkshire require additional support. We offer excellence in care, leading to happy fulfilled lives.
Care and Support Manager Main Duties
- Overseeing the individuals and services that you have a direct line responsibility for.
- Ensuring that all rotas are applicable to the individual and meets their needs.
- Role is required to be flexible and responsive.
- As part of your role you will be responsible to ensure all service provision is covered including holiday times.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all relevant paperwork is always in place and updated.
- Taking part in the recruitment and selection process.
- Ensuring that all new colleagues have completed the appropriate induction process.
- Take responsibility to ensure that all your colleagues who you line manage have the appropriate training, supervisions and access to team meetings.
- Responsible for assisting our customers to develop and follow a positive personal plan with clear and regularly reviewed objectives. This includes undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- Responsible for planning, organising, reporting and documenting all aspects of our customers care.
- Empowering our customers to make informed decisions and promote independence in all aspects of daily life.
- Work in a creative and proactive manner
- To work alongside both directors and your colleagues to ensure a consistent and caring service is delivered at all times.
- Promote and implement ways of working to promote physical and emotional well-being and personal and health needs.
- Promote a positive, settled and stable environment for our supported people and teams.
- Establish relationships ensuring regular contact is in place for all our customers with key individuals relevant in their lives.
- Communicate with our customers taking account of their needs and using the most appropriate methods.
- Work co-operatively as part of a team, this includes documenting and following guidelines and multi-agency protection plans. This includes attending and contributing to team meetings/other meetings regarding the plan of care
- Ensure the maintenance of records e.g. Personal Plans, H&S, financial recording and others. Prepare written reports and take minutes at meetings if required
- Assist our support people during their holiday/short break where required.
- Undertake responsibility for personal and professional development and contribute to a shared learning environment.
- Undertake training and SVQ assessment to the appropriate level in Health & Social Care.
- Adhere to all statutory and legislative requirements relative to the role. This includes adhering to SSSC Codes of Practice, Care Inspectorate standards and contractual requirements.
- Ensure induction, training plan and mandatory training is completed within the required time scales.
- Participate in team meetings and identify ways in which the organisation can be continually improved.
- Undertake responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Carryout any other relevant duties as required.
- Have a full UK driving licence with access to a car.
- To step into an uncovered shift at short notice. This includes weekend and sleepovers if required.
- Required to gain SVQ Level 4 to meet requirements of SSSC registration.
- Ability to meet the physical demands involved in providing care and assistance to our supported people.
- Good IT skills.
- To work autonomously and to make decisions independently appropriate to the level of the post.
- To ensure that all our supported people’s confidence in all aspects of communication.
- Excellent time keeping
- Ensuring our customers are kept safe at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £27,729.15 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Sick pay