Aura Care Living Ltd
GENERAL MANAGER – STRATTON COURT
Can you change a moment in a heartbeat?
Do you want the very best for everyone?
Could you be the one?
Caught your attention? This could be you!
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional and highly personable General Manager to join our Cirencester based Care Home, Stratton Court. The ideal General Manager will be passionate and experienced in the world of healthcare; a proven manager who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management, putting care and residents first.
You should have a forward-thinking approach and the confidence to communicate with and inspire colleagues at all levels. Meanwhile, your proven track record in running a commercially successful, Good or Outstanding rated care home will be complemented by your commitment to deliver first-class care.
- Experienced in managing successful and profitable services for the elderly.
- A capable and confident service leader with the drive to reset and structure a large care home team.
- Experienced in managing a successful home with either a good or outstanding rating.
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations, compliance and the new single framework assessment process.
- Compassionate about creating a caring, kind and supportive environment for everyone that lives and works in the service.
- A positive leader and motivator with a passion for investing in your staff team and growing ‘within.
- Capable of creating a service that will be an employer of choice, preferred care provider for both customers and commissioners and become unequalled in our sector.
- Be responsible for the safe, effective, responsive and well-led operation of the service, taking full ownership and accountability for all aspects of the service provision.
- Create and embed a positive, high functioning, multi-talented, well supported and focused staff culture.
- Maintain a high level of occupancy whilst working to kpi’s and budget projections.
- Managing appropriateness of current and newly referred individuals ensuring a safe and well managed/supported community exists at all times.
- Management of assessment and admissions processed ensuring high quality, person-centred tools and support is provided at all times.
- Ensure all regulatory, contractual and company standards are met and whenever possible, exceeded.
- Ensure the team(s) assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans involving other relevant agencies as appropriate.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary approach encouraging co-production and collaboration.
- Deliver high standards of infection control, health and safety and other relevant procedures.
- Be a contributory member of the company governance group implementing changes and improvements to the whole service
- Adopt a proactive approach to achieving a positive, engaging, promotional and relationship building role with IPC’s, Local Authorities, families all other stakeholders involved in the service.
- Ensuring community interaction, liaison working with the IPB’s People and Place Agenda.
- Putting the service firmly on the community map engaging other social care partners and providers to work in collaboration.
- Encouraging community use of communal areas of the service and
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care (Minimum)
- Registered Nurse with active PIN (preferred but not essential)
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards of the service, including the need for the management and delivery of person-centred services
- At least 3 years’ experience with an elderly resident group including dementia expertise.
- At least 3 years of successful team management experience.
- Extensive evidenced experience of meeting targets and managing budgets.
We are supporting those applicants that are willing to relocate. Relocation packages can be discussed at interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £80,000.00 per year
- Free parking
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus