Exmouth, South West, GB, EX8 2HA
Department: Care (Management)
Operation: Sanctuary Care
Closing Date: 08/09/2023
At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our ‘family’ at Sanctuary Care, whether that’s our staff, residents or family members.
Fernihurst Nursing Home, 19 Douglas Avenue, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 2HA
£ Attractive Salary
40 Hours Per Week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Fernihurst for all regardless of role.
As a Home Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day running of Fernihurst leading a team of Care professionals and with a passion and commitment for delivering the highest standards of care to our residents. You will form strong relationships with staff, residents and their families and your presence in the home will be pivotal to its success.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can ‘feel’ the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Fernihurst is special and we’re looking for a special person to lead by example. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
Music therapy is something our residents love and we are often joined by a lady from Singing for the Brain, an Alzheimer’s Society initiative which brings joy to people living with dementia. Another therapeutic activity which residents at the nursing home love, is spending time with birds and animals. Whether owls, guinea pigs, ducks, rabbits – or even the occasional horse – Fernihurst’s residents love animal therapy sessions. For those who thrive on getting out and about, the local ‘Whizzy Bus’, makes a special stop at our nursing home every week to take our residents on delightful trips around Exmouth. These excursions are the perfect prompt to help our residents to recall happy memories of places they grew up or worked. And of course, the all-important ice cream stop at the beaches of Sidmouth or Budleigh.
Are you our next Home Manager? Here’s more about the role:
- First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day – let’s get stuck in
- It’s very simple – if we can be the best Home Manager we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we’re all doing a great job.
You’ll have previous experience in a residential setting, along with strong operational management experience. You will need to be RN qualified, with an up-to-date NMC pin number. A full, valid driver’s licence is required and access to own vehicle is desirable.
A current driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Home Manager you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 25 days annual leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus Excellent training and development opportunities
- Loyalty Award available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
The reference number for this position is 212280
View the detailed Job Profile.
Closing date: 08 September 2023
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent