The Bevern Trust
Learning Disability Care Manager
Bevern View, Barcombe, BN8 5FJ
37.5 hours per week
Salary from £32,000 – £35,000 dependent on experience
The Bevern Trust is looking for a Care Manager for their 11 bed home, Bevern View. Working closely with the Registered Manager the Care Manager will ensure the very best care and opportunities for residents who have complex physical health and learning disabilities. As a home striving for improvement, we will expect the Care Manager to closely manage the multi-disciplinary team ensuring the best outcomes possible for our residents and staff. To be an integral part of the governance process ensuring that continuous efforts are made to improve the care provision of our home.
- Experience of working with adults with complex physical health and learning disabilities
- A proactive approach to improving our resident’s lives as their needs change
- Experience of delivering person centred care and support
- Level 5 diploma or working towards
- An understanding of the need to lead by example, ready to work on shift and be on call
- Ability to communicate well and advocate for our residents
- In sympathy with the Trust’s Christian ethos
- As the Care Manager you will ensure, that the services provided by Bevern View meet best practice requirements and standards set by the Care Quality Commission, the Department of Health and local commissioning and contracting, so that all resident health issues are well managed
- As a caring and compassionate person, you will have some managerial experience where the prime focus is on delivering high quality person-centred care, you will combine strong leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, good planning, organisational and supervisory oversight. In addition you will have the ability to cope with pressure and challenging environments.
- You will be mentored by the Nominated Individual
What we offer
- Contributory pension scheme
- Continuing personal development
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- A comprehensive well-being package
- Specialist team of staff to support management
Transport essential due to rural location.