Black Swan Care Group
Registered Care Home Manager
Black Swan Care Group prides itself on putting residents’ needs and feelings first. We have multiple care homes spread across East Anglia providing an expert care service for those who need it the most.
A rare opportunity has arisen to work within our GOOD CQC rated home (Spring Lodge) as a Care Home Manager. This role become available due retirement and the home is fully staffed.
Spring Lodge is a care home for the elderly in the popular seaside destination of Clacton-on-Sea.
Purpose of position:
1. To take responsibility to secure and sustain the home for the residents, promote through high standards of professional practice a caring environment conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the residents.
2. To ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to his / her individual need.
3. To ensure that all statutory requirements are met in respect of HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ETC ACT 1974, REGULATORY REFORM (FIRE SAFETY) ORDER 2005 and FOOD SAFETY ACT 1990.
- To ensure that the home is effectively managed and neither it, nor the residents are brought into disrepute.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding care and management at the Home whilst delegating effectively within legal boundaries.
- To decide whether or not the home is able to meet the personal care needs of any prospective resident and to negotiate an appropriate fee with the purchasing authority or the client or the client’s family if not in receipt of local authority assistance.
- To ensure that each resident receives a Residents Users Guide to include a written copy of the ‘Terms and Conditions’, ‘Homes Statement of Purpose’, ‘Aims and Objectives’, ‘Complaints Procedure’ and ensure that each resident and, where appropriate, their representative understands them. Ensure that adequate arrangements for the introduction and reception of new residents are made.
- To ensure that the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the residents are recognised, assessed and met.
- To encourage the residents in the taking of decisions in matters that affect their life style.
- To make or contribute to the assessment of need of each resident in conjunction with the resident, relevant professional agencies, and where appropriate, the resident’s family, and develop a care plan that provides a satisfactory quality of life for that person.
- To investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to Senior Management.
- To promote relationships that enable each resident to participate in the life of the local community to the maximum of their ability.
- To ensure the provision of health care arrangements that may include the ordering, recording and, where appropriate, the administration of prescribed medication. To ensure that residents’ medical, hygiene and self-care needs are monitored.
- To ensure the quality provision of care. This may include terminal care under the direction of the General Practitioner and with the support of the community nursing service.
- To arrange collection of residents’ contributions towards any billing for extras, e.g. chiropody, hairdressing, social outings.
- To be responsible for the efficient running of the domestic character of the Home which will include the following tasks: Planning menus with residents and staff, Ensuring that the dietary needs of residents are met, Ensuring that good standards of food presentation are maintained, Ensuring that supplies are ordered, Ensuring that good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- Recruitment, appointment and development of care, catering and domestic staff.
- To assist Senior Management to ensure that there is good communication with and between staff and arrange staff meetings.
- To ensure that effective induction, supervision and assessment of staff is carried out and that training needs are identified and met.
- To ensure that employment protection legislation is implemented, including the REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT 1974 and the CRIMINAL RECORDS BUREAU.
- To ensure that at all times adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- To advise Senior Management of any malfunction of the heating, lighting or emergency systems and ensure the security of the premises.
- To ensure that the fire regulations are complied with and advise the Senior Management if there are areas of risk.
- To ensure that legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, building control, planning and health and safety are complied with, and to advise the Senior Management accordingly where action is required.
- To ensure that records required by the HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ACT 2008 are compiled and kept in a safe place in the home at all times.
- To ensure that records required by the Company and the Regulatory Authorities are complied with and kept in a safe place in the home at all times.
- To be responsible for the monitoring and control of day to day expenditure within the budget limits prescribed by Senior Management.
- To make sure that all residents receive their weekly allowance and that this is signed for and to make sure residents have what is legally their property.
- To undertake ‘on-call’ duties when designated.
- Read, understand and adhere to all company policies
- Any other duties as may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Day shift