Bricketwood Care Ltd
Do you want to work for a growing, family run organisation in Hertfordshire?
At BricketWood (Uplands), we are looking for a full time Registered Manager to lead our 6 bedded residential service, generate new business and ensure care delivery from a skilled and competent workforce to achieve excellent outcomes for the people we support. Job share is also considered.
Are you a current Registered Manager or a deputy/team leader looking to step into a new role? Do you possess a creative, innovative passion and would love to join a welcoming team who promotes autonomous working? If so, we would love to hear from you!
In return we offer an excellent salary, peoples pension and the opportunity to progress and develop in our growing plans as a care and support provider.
- Ensuing the smooth running of the service with a focus on excellent service user outcomes
- Promote independence, positive risk taking and embracing Equality and Inclusion to enable the people we support to live their best possible lives.
- Ensure that care packages are regularly reviewed to ensure that the people we support have access to the correct level of support nd is responsive to changing needs
- Develop an open, transparent culture which strives for continuous improvement, the well-being of the staff team and a culture which learns lessons and where the workforce feel valued
- Lead on safer recruitment in line with CQC Regulations
- Develop strong relationships with service users and their families ensuing regular monitoring of care and support delivery
- Ensure concerns and complaints are acted upon in a timely manner
- Ensure responsiveness to referrals and queries ensuring robust effective assessments are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensure new admissions are communicated clearly to the staff team ensuring everything is in place to deliver safe, effective care based on the needs and wishes of the service user
- Ensure all the people we support have a robust support plan which accurately reflects the needs and risks and ensure this is updated regularly and in co-production with the people we support
- Ensure regular audits and spot checks are undertaken to monitor care delivery, staff competency and service user satisfaction
- Be a positive tole model and lead the team ensuring annual leave, payroll, recruitment, invoices and rotas are managed effectively
- Ensure all information is kept up to date in accordance with GDPR legislation
- Undertake regular supervisions and commit to the development of all staff
- Lead on initiatives to market the service and attract new referrals and enquires.
- Develop key relationships with the Care Quality Commission, local authority, health professionals and other key stakeholders.
- Create an open and transparent culture enabling staff to confidently raise concerns and ensure there is clear evidence of lessons learnt when there have been incidents and near miss events.
- Plan and lead an on-call rota ensuring staff have access to clear advice, guidance and support in case of any emergencies.
- Commit to the development, knowledge and skills of the staff team ensuring that mandatory training is up to date and that opportunities are identified for additional training according to service user needs and individual staff development
- Carry out investigations when there has been care or conduct concerns, liaising with our relevant HR partners as necessary
- Act swiftly to performance and capability concerns.
- Previous experience in a leadership role within residential or supported living service either as a Registered Manager or Deputy Manager
- Level 5 Leadership and Management qualification or a relevant professional qualification
- Excellent leadership skills with previous examples of leading a team
- Strong understanding of the Health and Social Care Act
- Excellent understanding of CQC regulations and inspection methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must live in a commutable distance to the service near St Alban
- Previous role as a Registered Manager with a proven track record
- Previous experience in a Learning Disability/Autism setting
- Strong understanding of Positive Behaviour Support
- Driver is desirable
- Professional registration such as nurse or social worker is desirable
About the Company
Bricketwood Care Ltd is an established service provider for supported living for adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health illnesses. We thrive to provide an environment that promotes independence and encourages move on for our Service Users. Working within a clear recovery and social inclusion strategy, the service facilitates personal growth and provides opportunities for personal fulfillment.
Why should I apply for this Service Manager job?
- This is a really great opportunity to join a mid-size company where you are able to make a visible difference.
- Pension scheme
- Room for progression within the company
- Free training
What does this Service Manager job involve?
- We are looking for a motivated forward-thinking and committed manager to join us – you will be able to think for yourself and be a good decision maker.
- Experience in providing care for residents with challenging behavior, autism and dual diagnosis would be favourable.
- You will need to have excellent communication skills,
- Be able to exercise clinical judgement in respect of assessing and managing risk.
- In addition, you need to be committed to the values and principles of recovery,
- Able to help deliver a safe, timely, caring and responsive service.
- You will be expected to manage a team to support vulnerable adults with learning disabilities and mental health diagnoses.
- As the Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of running our small service.
- Ensuring staff team enable the people we support to lead a valued, improved quality of life and work towards outcome-focused goals.
- Person-centred approach
- Problem solver
- Liaise with the local authority, CCG and CQC
Am I the right person for this Service Manager job?
- Previous management experience particularly challenging behavior, autism and dual diagnosis.
- Proven track record of achieving GOOD ratings during CQC inspections and practical working knowledge and understanding of the CQC
- The ability to work independently is critical
- Effective management and team leadership skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach & some weekends and nights may be required.
- Experience with either Supported Living or residential care settings.
- Able to recruit own team and follow up on references etc..
- Manage staff rotas and payroll costs accordingly and with-in budget.
- A basic understanding of costs.
- A reasonable level of PC skills including Excel and Word as minimum.
- Have a valid driving licence and access to a car.
Please note: In this position you’ll be required to work some weekends and occasionally cover on-call in unsociable hours. Full details of how this will work will be revealed at interview.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and based at the company’s St Albans service, as the Registered Manager you will be primarily responsible for managing and delivering Care and Support for service users to a high standard.
You’ll also be tasked with the following:
– Ensuring regular assessments and reviews of Care And Support plans with Social Workers, family members and Key Workers
– Leading on assessments and admission of new people to the service
– Ensuring the correct policies, procedures and practices are put in place
– All safeguarding issues within the business
Basic salary: up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Additional benefits: 28 days holiday including bank holidays and people’s pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St Albans, AL2 3UW: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- NVQ Level 5 (required)