- Full Time
- 43,000 - £45,000 GBP / Year
Pilgrims' Friend Society
Registered Care Manager
Have you worked in a residential care home?
Do you have experience managing or supervising a care team?
Are you looking to lead a team toward excellence? If yes, then apply now!
We are searching for an attentive Registered Care Manager to manage our compassionate and adaptable care team in our warm and friendly residential care home. Bethany Christian Home is a beautiful 24-bed Victorian residential care home located in Plymouth, Devon. See our home here
This individual will engage fully with our values and Christian ethos* and will be looking for a job that will give them personal satisfaction and a sense of fulfilling a vocation, serving others. They will be proactive, apply solution-focused approaches and have the drive to take on new challenges. Find out more about how we care for our residents here: https://youtu.be/Po6md7pq7nI
- Responsible for quality assurance within the home in line with Society policy, monitoring quality and developing and implementing action plans;
- Lead and delegate work effectively and manage the care team in the home;
- To ensure Care Plans are implemented and the care and well-being of the residents are kept to a high standard;
- To ensure that all care staff are trained for their roles and responsibilities;
- Provide timely feedback, meet deadlines and make effective decisions;
- Lead in maintaining the Christian ethos of the home;
- Responsible for the management of medications and the medication system, in accordance with Society policy and relevant legislation;
- Help to recruit members of the care team with the care team leader;
- To attend regular meetings, as required, with the senior management team;
- To establish and maintain good effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary agencies, including safeguarding;
Please read the job pack here
- Management experience in a residential care home or similar setting;
- A qualification in Health & Social Care (Level 3 or above);
- Leadership & Management qualification or a willingness to work towards it;
- Enjoy working with older people and can have an empathy with them and will promote person-centred care in all aspects of your work;
- Enthusiasm in working with a close-knit team;
- Excellent communication and people management skills;
- IT literate- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong organisation skills;
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate the team;
- Able to prioritise own work and take full responsibility for the smooth running of the home;
- Able to work under pressure and provide calmness in all situations;
* Applicants must be evangelical Christians (Occupational Requirement under Regulation 7(3) of the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) regulations 2003).
Full-time working 40 hours a week, usually worked over 5 days.
Occasional weekend and bank holiday cover may be required to meet the demands of the home.
On call” cover is required on a rotating basis to meet the demands.
- Salary: £43,000 to £45,000 per annum
- 5 Weeks’ paid holiday per year as well as bank and public holidays
- On-going training and support
- Flexible working pattern
- Employee assistance programme
- Being part of our friendly staff team
- We offer a full induction to the work
- Pension scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
— What our staff say about us: …“It is a friendly and welcoming place to work” … —
Pilgrims’ Friend Society is a registered charity. Our Christian ethos is central to everything we plan and do. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note: You must be able to provide evidence of full vaccination or evidence of a medical exemption. An exception to this will be considered in accordance with our recruitment policy.