Midas Care Solutions
Purpose of role
To provide high quality homecare services that support customers so they can enjoy the best quality of life. The registered manager is directly accountable to the Directors of the business, and to the national regulatory body for domiciliary care.
To successfully manage the day to day running of the business effectively and efficiently. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality, safe and effective homecare to customers within budget. Manage all aspects of the staff team. Provide strong leadership so staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Provide a good service to customers
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
- Prior to each service commencing make sure a full assessment of each customer’s needs and associated risks is carried out. Identify what the customer would like to achieve from their care and support.
- Create with the customer and/or their chosen representative a written individually tailored care and support plan that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree the plan and appropriate risk control measures to reduce the risks.
- Provide the customer, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns.
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services.
- Keep all information about customers, their representatives and their families secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our customers.
Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures.
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care.
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control.
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business.
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements.
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service.
Lead and manage staff
- Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of all teams. Identify ongoing training needs and make sure staff are up to date with current best practice.
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters.
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance.
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent.
Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the franchise owner to achieve key performance targets
You Will Need:
- Access to a car and hold a driving licence.
- Experience in managing a successful Domiciliary care operation
- Level 5 In Health & Social Care (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in managing a CQC Inspection.
- Management responsibility and knowledge of Domiciliary care compliance
- Exceptional Leadership Skills
- Good IT Skills
- Positive attitude and drive to succeed.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£35,000.00 per year