Cephas Care Ltd
Registered Learning Disabilities Manager – Ipswich
Contract: Full time permanent role (40 hours per week)
It is an extremely exciting time here at Cephas Care with the implementation of a new senior management team devoted to providing service excellence and supporting our staff. It is a great opportunity to join our team, the Cephas Care Group are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, and experienced Registered Learning Disabilities Manager.
Salary: £34,000 per annum
We support adults with learning disabilities, autism, and mental health across many supported housing services, plus outreach services across Suffolk.
Registered Learning Disabilities Manager will be responsible for
- Manage and be accountable for the range of functions that facilitate the delivery of service excellence to our service users and staff team within our Learning Disabilities division and to ensure successful registration with the Care Quality Commission as a Registered Manager.
- Management of all operational services within the designated area by providing as needed a 24-hour, 7-day service with emergency cover. This includes availability outside of Office hours for consultation and support to staff on duty in accordance with agreed arrangements as required.
- Ensure company values are maintained by working with the people who use our service and their family, to ensure their wishes and choices are promoted to ensure individuality, personalisation and fulfilment and should reflect the company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operational case management, assessment, and delivery of specialist social care interventions operating within a culture of continuous service improvement and safety to ensure professional standards and best practice are embedded throughout the service.
- Management of resources to ensure effective use of budgets, growth, and staffing.
- Ensuring contractual requirements are delivered by competent staff.
- Ensure effective communication to all staff to whom you have line management responsibility using written information and management meetings, with direct formal supervision, the development of good management approaches, agreed appraisal systems and staff development plans. To arrange and, if appropriate, to be involved in induction processes.
- Be responsible for all aspects of providing excellent leadership, development, direction, and effective management of resources, ensuring all colleagues are competent and understand, embrace, and deliver the values and strategic aims of the business. This includes responsibility for effective communication and information sharing.
This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities but indicates some of the main areas attached to the post.
- The overall operations of the Learning Disabilities services.
- Staff team management.
- Liaising with outside healthcare professionals.
- Ensuring CQC compliance and company policies are followed and adhered to.
- Managing budgets, occupancy, and overall performance of the home.
Registered Manager requirements:
- Previous management experience in Health and Social Care along with the ability to create a compassionate and respectful team.
- Level 5 NVQ 5 or willing to work towards.
- Excellent knowledge of CQC regulations, Health and Social Care legislation and regulatory requirements.
- A strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of marketing within the private care sector.
- Enthusiasm, passion and determination to achieve ‘Outstanding’ and deliver the highest quality person-centred care.
- Confidence to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, internal as well as external professionals, families.
We offer a planned programme of continuous professional development for the right candidate, so if you are looking for your next career move, take a look at the Cephas Care Group, established for over 30 years, with a proven track record in our specialist field.