Active Care Group
Come and join the UK’s largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Service Manager to join our Brain Injury Rehabilitation service in Kingly Terrace, Rushden – Northamptonshire.
We are providers of transitional, maintenance and long term residential care and rehabilitation for adults with acquired brain injury and / or neurological disability who present with varied and complex needs. We have 12 ensuite bedrooms within the service, 4 of these have been recently built and form part of our new extension.
The therapy-led service consists of , therapists and support workers with a strong focus on delivering individualised care and achieving the best possible outcomes for the people we support.
We’re looking for a Service Manager with a passion for delivering outstanding care to our residents. You will manage and oversee the needs of the highly dependent residents; provide direction and leadership to ensure effective management of the home; to manage the interactions, expectations and outcomes of funders, families and multi disciplinary teams to ensure resident needs are fully understood and met, whilst also considering overall profitability of the business.
As the registered manager you will assume key accountability for the service ensuring it operates at a consistently high level. You will have overall responsibility for the recruitment and retention of your team, business planning, financial performance and overseeing quality compliance standards – all so that we can deliver safe and effective care. In addition, you will review continuous improvement strategies to ensure the service is delivered efficiently and within budget.
What you’ll be working:
We’re flexible, so you’ll work a total 37.5 hours per week
The Service Manager will be responsible as a site leader: with overall responsibility for the management and development of the service on a 24-hour basis. The Registered Manager is responsible for the efficient deployment of resources used within the service and will be accountable for the service under the appropriate regulators & stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work independently with responsibility for all aspects of running the service, ensuring colleagues empower the people we support
- Lead a valued team maximising the potential of the individuals within it
- Be responsible for budgetary management (income and expenditure)
- Responsibility e for the day-to-day housekeeping of the property including infection prevention and control the services and facilities
- Manage and supervise the senior management team, ensuring that appropriate management arrangements are in place at all times, including out of hours on-call
- Ensuring that all care standards, regulatory standards, and other quality measurement criteria are met, and that all notifications to the relevant regulatory body, Safeguarding Authority or other agencies are made as required and in a timely fashion.
- Be responsible for ensuring that robust Local Integrated Governance arrangements are in place, and that the Quality & Performance Management System is maintained to a high standard
- Responsibility for the overall recruitment and retention; supervision/appraisal and development of all colleagues on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring resources available over the 24-hour period, are sufficient, as regards number, qualification, training, experience, gender mix and skill mix where appropriate
- Responsibility for attaining and maintaining full bed occupancy, through appropriate commissioner relationships, marketing and referral processing, according to company guidelines and policies
- Ensuring all people we support and colleagues are safeguarded and any concerns are raised appropriately
- Care Notes are the responsibility of all managers, ensuring colleagues are aware of the needs of those all people we support all notes must be formulated, implemented, reviewed, and audited on a regular basis and in line with policy.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor and record that all staff are subject to the required employment checks including maintaining their professional registration (where appropriate) in accordance with company policy
- Act as a role model of the company behaviours and culture and be an ambassador for ACG both internally and externally.
What you’ll have:
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Good Leadership skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Good understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, regulations and legislation
- Strong person focused attitude
- Excellent analytical and budgetary skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise as appropriate
- The ability to influence and advise at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of management of colleagues
- Good understanding of safeguarding. Do we want a specific level of S/G training?
- Experience of the health and/or care sector
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Demonstrable experience of coaching and developing colleagues
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Regulatory experience
Regular contact with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders, requiring highly developed and well-practiced communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to be flexible in communication style depending on the audience and subject. Both verbally and written.
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
- 25 days holiday plus the bank holidays
- Your birthday day off!
- Holiday that increases with service!
- Retail & Restaurant Discounts
- Annual Colleague Awards
- Colleague referral scheme – earn a bonus of up to £1000 for referring someone you know!
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and world class training
- Pension contribution
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity Pay