Can you thrive as a general Manager in a fast-paced environment in our supported Living service in Birkenhead, where every day is different? Are you a proven leader with the skills and experience to motivate and develop our staff teams?
This isn’t just any role; this is a role that can make a real difference to the lives of the people we support. If your passionate about care, providing an exceptional service and leading a team to achieve optimal results this is the role for you!
What we’ll give you:
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- £28k + per annum (dependent on experience)
- 40 hours per week contract
- Flexible working arrangements offered to meet both the needs of our business and your lifestyle.
- Access to attractive and exclusive employee benefits including savings on shopping, leisure, and household expenses.
- Confidential, supportive Employee Assistance Programme, accessible 24/7.
- Paid comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – including internal leadership competency sessions and recognised qualifications.
- 25 days + bank holidays paid a year.
- Monthly recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading staff members to maintain a high level of support that’s required to meet service needs.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of support workers.
- Support 1-1 and continue to promote positive well-being and independent living.
- Be part of an on-call system
Who you are:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as deputy manager or at least 1 years’ experience as a Supported Living Manager, willing to be flexible for the right candidate.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Health & social care, or willingness/ability to work towards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively to others.
- Ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, and involved professionals/agencies to provide a service which maximises outcomes for service users.
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff and deploying staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments with the people we support and devise support and risk management plans.
- You will be trustworthy, reliable with the ability to communicate effectively.
- You will have a positive outlook, recognising and respecting differences and encouraging growth.
- You will embrace continuous improvement, sharing best practice with an open mind to learning.
- You will treat people equally, remove barriers end empower the people we support and team members to live their best lives.
- You are professional, with the ability to motivate others.
- You are people centric, supportive, and compassionate.
Who we are:
- Potens, a national provider of health, social and education services for over 30 years and is continuing to grow. We provide services nationally through registered supported and independent living services, domiciliary care, residential care, respite, day opportunity and independent schools.
- Employing over 1250 staff members
- We remain committed to ‘Supporting your Choice’, after 30 years…
Potens is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of the people we support throughout our facilities. All applicants will be subject to robust pre-employment checks prior to appointment; including but not exhaustive; enhanced DBS, and a minimum of two satisfactory references. Our checks will be service and role specific and can be discussed pre application if required. To view our policy on recruitment of ex-offenders please see full details on our company website www.potens-uk.com
We champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our teams representing the communities and people we support. Here at Potens, you’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself, irrespective of your race, nationality, age, gender, diverse abilities, or sexual orientation. Everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live independently, healthier, happier lives and doing our part to make a better working environment where all feel welcome and supported.