The Gloucester Charities Trust
£40-45k starting salary – 35 hours per week
About the role
GCT is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Manager to lead Magdalen House (our 29-bed home) in its transition from a Nursing Home to a Residential Care Home for older people. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a focused and dedicated manager to take the home and its staff forward with the implementation of the new service provision, and beyond. You must have a proven track record of working with CQC regulations and standards.
Passion and enthusiasm for providing excellent quality, personalised care is vital for this role as is the ability to inspire, lead and develop the staff team.
We are offering an annual salary up to £45,000 for a 35-hour week, depending upon experience and qualifications. The successful applicant will also receive Annual Leave entitlement of 33 days which includes the entitlement to 8 days for Bank Holidays.
Initially, working hours will involve some evenings and weekend work to support the team during the transition period.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the care provision tailored to meet the needs, aspirations and wellbeing of individual residents to enable them to live a full and varied life within a regulated care setting
- To provide leadership, direction, support, supervision and motivation to staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality and flexibility of care and support within a safe working and living environment
- To manage the effective use of resources within the Home
- Be conversant and always comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements including becoming a Registered Manager with CQC.
- Ensure the Quality Assurance and Audit processes are completed so that service improvements are continuously being made
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Registered Manager or Deputy Manager in a regulated care setting
- Hold a NVQ 5 or equivalent qualification in Health & Social Care or be willing to work towards this
- Be resilient, resourceful and energetic
- Able to motivate and enthuse the staff team within a positive workplace culture
- Have a passion for supporting older people to enjoy life
- Have a thorough knowledge of CQC regulations, as well as safeguarding, MCA and DOLs requirements
- Have experience of recruitment and supervision of staff
- Have experience of delivering services within budget
- Able to assess and measure care needs and understand how this may affect fee setting.
What we offer
- Superb network of support services (finance, HR, maintenance etc)
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – NEST
- Free DBS
- Save as you earn scheme
- £500 friend referral scheme (subject to criteria)
- Birthday bonus £50
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Long service awards
- Staff Wellbeing initiatives
- Full training programme & development opportunities
- A Staff Champion
- Onsite parking
Who are we?
We are Gloucester Charities Trust (GCT) a multiple award-winning care provider and employer, who offer a range of services (our Circle of Care) from specialist Dementia day services to Sheltered Housing, Residential care & Nursing care for older people in Gloucester.
Our staff are the key to our success. Recruiting and retaining the right staff is paramount. We do this by valuing their input and empowering them throughout their roles. We need caring and compassionate people to help us provide the type of environment you’d want the people you love the most to live in.