Burton and Trent Court
Registered Manager Towerview Care (Burton On Trent)
Salary circa £60- 65k per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Registered Manager to join Bridge, Burton and Trent Courts a well-established nursing care homes in Burton upon Trent. We provide the very best care for people with a diagnosis of physical illness/mental health disorders and/or dementia, complex care needs, including behaviours that are challenging. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with dementia, early-onset dementia and related issues. As an organisation we strive to enable the people we support to live happy fulfilling lives. We provide residential nursing placements for working age and older adults at both Burton and Trent Court homes. We are looking for an individual with a background in health and social care, relevant experience in managing a care home for adults with complex challenging care needs. The post holder must have excellent communication, leadership and motivation skills. To have been successful in building a positive care culture to deliver person centred care.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the home, maintaining compliance of all statutory and mandatory requirements and ensuring all areas follow Towerview Care policies and procedures.
Your focus will be on providing person centred care, appropriate to individual needs, in a safe, warm, friendly setting whilst promoting a caring environment through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of people living at Towerview Care.
Implementing the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2000 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 is paramount.
Working in conjunction with our employment, recruitment and compliance teams, you will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources to include recruitment, supervision, training and development plus employee relations matters.
Completion of monthly audits with necessary action plans in place should an audit identify gaps in quality or compliance.
Towerview care is a group with a longstanding service striving to make changes and promote health and well-being. You will work alongside and be supported by an internal multi-disciplinary team of Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Behavioural Specialists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Specialists and Nutritionists – this means commitment to nursing and hard work, for this we offer:
- Shine like a diamond performance award
- CPD and annual NMC Registration funded by TVC
- Free uniform
- Free DBS check
- Ongoing training, on-site support to gain expected level of competency and quality learning and development opportunities
- Excellent Salary (dependent on experience and Qualification)
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Values lead culture
- Ambitious plans for personal growth
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Minimum NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- RGN / RMN Qualification is desirable
- Effective communication skills. Experience of building positive working relationships with clients, their families, staff and other health and social care professionals.
- Experience in the delivery of social care in a dignified and respectful manner that promotes independence, choice and privacy of the client.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange and the Internet. – Administrative skills and computer literacy with strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of managing and developing an effective staff team including recruitment, training, supporting and supervising staff.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise your workload and your team’s workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team Additional requirements – Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date
- Full driving licence and access to transportation
- Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service