Job Description – Registered Manager
Main function of the job:
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
To provide leadership, administration, care, and people management functions.
To carry out, and provide leadership in marketing and selling our services at the agreed prices.
To maintain the operations of the service at the standard agreed and within the financial budget or other parameters set.
To maintain care and management skills at the current level, and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
To manage the services in accordance with our standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations, and in line with accepted best practices.
To Maintain staff numbers to a level needed to deliver care to the customers using the service .
To manage the service function
Main Duties (not in any order of priority):
Management of the organisation:
1. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Senior Management.
2. Create and uphold an open, positive and inclusive management culture.
3. Formulate and administer the budget based on Senior Management’s objectives and within the projected revenue.
4. Participate in the development of our policies.
5. Share in the development of strategic plans for All Care Services Ltd.
6. Participate in evaluation of All Care Services Ltd against agreed organisational goals, business, and quality objectives.
7. Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
8. Minimise legal risks.
9. Participate in the establishment and maintenance of our management information systems.
10. Advise Senior Management of any changes to the structure of the organisation which may be required.
11. Organise the formulation and implementation of all of the policies and procedures, abiding by the full QCS care Quality Management System.
12. Formulate and implement care policies and procedures.
Main Duties (not in any order of priority):
13. Implement and maintain the standards required by legislation related to the registration of All Care Services Ltd.
14. Manage the business in accordance with the Management Protocols within the QCS care Quality Management System.
15. Participate in discussions reviewing employee remuneration.
16. Operate in a cost-effective manner, within the financial limits set by Senior Management, particularly in the area of personnel costs.
17. Be involved in the design and implementation and maintenance of our quality assurance programme.
18. Design and administer an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
Management of the Human Resources:
1. Specify, recruit, select and train employees, in numbers agreed with Senior Management and at a cost, not exceeding the agreed staff budget (including agency cost).
2. Develop a master plan rota to comply with statutory requirements and the satisfaction of ongoing Service User needs, and which meets the financial targets of the service.
3. Ensure that job descriptions for all employees are appropriate to current practices in each function.
4. Implement and evaluate the orientation and induction of all new employees.
5. Assist individual staff to develop in their role and level of compliance with agreed standards.
6. Promote and implement our policies and procedures.
7. Promote the effective resolution of team conflicts.
8. Create a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
9. Create and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
10. Manage employee numbers so as to eliminate the use of Agency staff for routine or planned absences.
Management of Care Services:
1. Develop the philosophy, goals and objectives for the care and nursing practice.
2. Assess the effectiveness of care and nursing implementation and delivery.
3. Implement action to meet and maintain care and nursing standards.
4. Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for Service User therapeutic care.
5. Ensure that Service User rights are protected.
6. Encourage a model of self-care and Service User rehabilitation.
7. Evaluate Care Plans.
8. Evaluate standards of care and nursing competence.
Professional Long Term care Leadership:
1. Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of care.
2. Encourage health promotion within care strategies.
3. Engage in local meetings relevant to the activity of All Care Services Ltd.
4. Establish relationships with learning institutions to promote availability of staff training at all levels.
5. Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
6. Promote a positive image for services provided and employment within All Care Services Ltd.
Nominally 40 hours per week, subject to achievement of goals and objectives and the covering of vacant shifts. The Manager will be expected to maintain an on-call facility and, in the case of holiday or sickness, to arrange for the facility to be maintained. The manager will be expected to work additional hours that may be required for the proper performance of their duties
NVQ Level 4 or equivalent.
Managers are required by the regulations to have the ‘necessary qualifications, skills and experience’ to carry out the regulated activity. Skills for Care advise that the current, relevant qualification is the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services choosing the pathway;
Management of Adult Services or Management of Adult Residential Services
Managers taking the Level 5 Diploma should use the full breadth of QCF units available to ensure they achieve a qualification that is relevant to the role they are carrying out.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00-£42,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount