Salutem Care & Education
The Roman House family are recruiting!
The work we do changes lives – could you join our team?
Roman House is a fun and exciting residential care home in Basingstoke, supporting adults with profound learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and autism to live a life they love every day.
Simon, Steph, Debbie and all the individuals we support are truly living their best lives here as they do the things they love and continue to tick off activities from their bucket lists – from going to their first outdoor music festival, to enjoying a sunny summer holiday away to Lanzarote, or having their dreams come true on a magical trip to Disneyland Paris.
Why not come and join our Roman House family and experience these memorable moments while making lifelong memories with the people we support?
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
We work as a family in all we do, supporting people to thrive and live their best lives, just like any family would. If you’re looking for a job where you can make a meaningful difference, then apply now and join our friendly team!
The role of the Registered Manager has the overall operational responsibility of the service or services ensuring the smooth running and the allocation and management of staff. You will be responsible for the delivery of excellent operational services within your area, regularly supervising Deputy Managers, Team Leaders and/or Senior Support Workers.
As a Registered Manager you can earn up to 40% of your Salary as bonus
You will be responsible for:
- To monitor and support the delivery of person centred services to all people using our service within your defined area.
- To ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
- The overall operation of the services ensuring the smooth running and the allocation and management of staff
- The delivery of excellent operational services, regularly supervising the Team Leaders
- Ensuring the effective and efficient provision of support to the people using the services
- You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent administrative skills and be able to organise and priorities your workload whilst being financially astute
- You will need to be experienced in social care management and CQC Framework and will possess excellent knowledge of Health & Social Services and applicable regulations/legislation.
- You will have experience of motivating and enabling a staff team to achieve good outcomes in partnership with the people we support, and with an emphasis on role modelling best practice in a care environment
- You will have a proven track record of improving and developing services for people with disabilities.
- Above all, you should be as approachable, as reliable and as dedicated as we are, and you’ll be poised to hit the ground ‘sprinting’
You will join us with a QCF Level 5 Adult Management Diploma, or equivalent qualification, or be eligible to complete the Level 5 Diploma
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We’re keen to reward our managers when they get things right because doing well is important to us.
Our Management Bonus Scheme takes into consideration a range of KPIs from inspections, audits, staffing, finances, training, annual leave, sickness and more. Meeting targets in all these areas will result in a performance bonus. The better you do the bigger your bonus!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Basingstoke, RG23 8BJ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)