We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and caring individual to become Registered Manager, working in a large complex care home, specialising in Mental Health and Physical Disability for Adults from the age of 18 upwards. This is an exceptional opportunity that will be both challenging and rewarding and you will be joining us at an exciting time with the development of our growing organisation Co-Active Care.
About the Role
The role requires a strong and determined individual who works effectively within a team environment and can work in conjunction with our comprehensive management structure.
During your probationary period you will be required to make an application to CQC for registered manager status. Initially the role will be a joint registration with our existing Registered Manager who will support you to understand the needs of this complex home. Once this has been achieved, it is the intention for the existing Registered Manager to become the sole Nominated Individual for our organisation, and you will be required to take on the position of Registered Manager for Georgian House solely.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in providing effective leadership, creating a clear vision and operating a model of mental health focused services. The role holder will be required to have demonstrable experience of working in a large complex care home with mental health provision and have the ability and experience to effectively engage and collaborate with the Nominated Individual and the Directors.
As a Registered Manager, you will play a key role within the home, taking the time to get to know our residents and their families so that you can validate the decisions that are made about their care
You will oversee and assist every aspect of care and staffing needs within the home, including developing and updating care plans and maintaining clear, accurate medication records.
- To provide clinical and managerial leadership to the day-to-day operation of the unit team, monitoring workload, allocating duties and ensuring duties are discharged safely and effectively.
- To undertake specialist assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the service user care needs. This includes liaising with external specialist services to make sure that the resident’s individual needs are met in a prompt manner.
- Being involved in the assessment of new residents to aid a robust admission process to the service and supporting both the resident and staff.
- A practical understanding in applying the Mental Capacity Act and DOLs to ensure that the service is compliant in this legal framework.
- Complete quarterly service reviews including making recommendations for service improvements. This includes meeting residents overseeing incidents and managing both positive and negative feedback in conjunction with the organisations Quality and Training Framework and Management
- Attend safeguarding meetings, client reviews including DOLs reviews, along with arranging and running residents and staff meetings in conjunction with the management team. Supporting the Registered Manager to run the weekly operations meeting.
- Taking responsibility for Service User files – including drafting & updating of electronic care plans and risk assessments, reporting on accidents and incidents and overseeing daily record keeping ensuring that it is up to date and accurate.
- Overseeing the medication administration, carrying out audits and assisting the Heads of Care with regards to medication issues. Including practically carrying out medication rounds when required.
- To supervise and manage the daily workload in such a way as to maximise efficiency, ensuring that duties are discharged safely and effectively.
- To ensure agreed service standards are upheld and monitored, using audit, benchmarking, user feedback etc.
- To manage the rotas to ensure the staffing levels in the home operates at a safe level of staffing and to meet the residents’ needs.
- To support the recruitment of, and to manage our team of staff, including regular 1:1 supervision, coaching, appraisal, team building, training and development working in conjunction with the Nominated Individual and Quality and Training Manager.
- To organise regular individual staff, support and feedback sessions / staff supervision and annual appraisal.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements for CQC
- Make effective policy recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately is required
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of mental health & physical disability & health conditions.
- To carry out such other tasks as is commensurate with the post which may, from time to time, be required of the Company
- This role will include being part of the on-call rota for the organisation.
All candidates will receive in house training and development, and we believe it is important that staff take personal responsibility for their continuing professional development which means that staff ongoing improve their knowledge, skills and competence, and develop professional qualities required throughout their career.
- Extensive Induction Training.
- Specific training and qualifications suited to complex care needs.
- Further NVQ and professional Qualifications
We Can Offer
- Nest Pension Scheme
- Paid Annual Leave with 28 days Pro Rata Leave
- Regular Staff and development meetings.
- A dedicated Training manager to support your continuing professional development
- A dedicated Compliance Manager to support you to maintain good and achieve outstanding with CQC
A Successful Candidate Should Have
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Registered Manager or Assistant Manager for services working with individuals with Mental Health and associated complex needs.
- Relevant health or social care qualification (NVQ Level 5) or other professional qualification’s e.g.; Nursing, OT or social work, RMN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively to others.
- Ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, and involved professionals/agencies to provide a service which maximises outcomes for service users.
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff and deploying staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service.
- Knowledge and skills to ensure the safe management and administration of medication
- Ability to conduct holistic needs and risk assessments with service users and devise support and risk management plans.
Candidate Must Have
- Right to live and work in the UK
- 2 x Positive References
- An enhanced DBS Check will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£55,000.00 per year