Are you an experienced and passionate Registered Manager, ready to take the next step in your career to meet the challenge of this exciting role?
Position: Registered Manager
Salary: £34,500 per annum
Location: Durham (DH1 postcode)
Working hours: 40 hours a week, with the expectation that these will be worked flexibly to meet the needs of the service you support
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Registered Manager to be part of the team, to lead and manage our 5-bed residential service, supporting people with learning disabilities and Autism. You will be committed to ensuring the service is compliant with regulations and will also be focused on delivering high-quality, person-centred services to the people we support.
About the service
The Dispensary is a stunning care home situated in a quaint picturesque village close to Durham city. We are a relatively new service, offering superbly adapted apartment style living for to up to 5 people who require specialist care and support who live with complex or independent needs.
To find out more go to: https://www.swantoncare.com/branch/location-the-dispensary/
To be successful in the role of Registered Manager you will need to have substantial care management experience (learning disabilities, Autism & complex needs). In addition, it is also essential that you:
· Hold or are willing to work towards a Level 5 Diploma or have a suitable alternative qualification.
· Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
· Evidence that you can provide inspiring, motivational, clear, and supportive leadership.
Here at Swanton, we are looking for people who share our core values and are able to apply these to the work that they do. At the heart of our ethos are five key words, these underpin the PRIDE we take in our services.
‘Potential, Responsibility, Integrity, Diversity, Empathy’
What we can offer:
· Long service awards we recognise your contribution to the team and award long service
· Opportunities for formal coaching & mentoring with an external professional
· New arrivals gift we are always delighted to hear of new additions to families and to celebrate this we offer a gift of £200 if you have been employed with us for over 6 months
· Funded qualifications earn whilst you learn! we aim to develop our own talent, giving you the opportunity to develop your career with Swanton
· Employee benefits app stay connected to our community, receive discounts across every day and luxury shops, access information about learning & development opportunities
· Pension and life cover auto enrol into our pension scheme and entitled to the death in service benefit
· Trained mental health first aiders & EAP free confidential access to 24hr assistance program for counselling, advice, and support
You will be required to undergo relevant pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £34,500.00 per year
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Durham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Care management (LD & Autism): 1 year (preferred)
- Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Adult Care (preferred)
- Driving licence (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 10/10/2023