Position: Registered Service Manager
At Consensus we love what we do – supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. If you are as passionate as we are about helping people to lead and enjoy their lives and you want to make a difference every day, then this may be the job for you. We are looking for a new service manager to lead our team at our residential service near Bath, Somerset. You will receive support from your Area Director as you settle into the Consensus team and our leadership development programme will be available to support you in developing your skills as you grow in your new role. We are an award winning team and we are looking for people with a big heart and who want to lead a team to achieve great things for the people we support.
Salary: £38,000 – £40,000 per annum + £3000 Welcome Bonus*
Service: Ellsworth House, Midsomer Norton
About the Service
Ellsworth House in Midsomer Norton, Somerset provides a residential service for adults with learning disabilities, complex needs and behaviours which others may find challenging. With a homely, friendly feel the team are caring and supportive and very creative in how they support the people that live there.
Set in lovely grounds laid to lawn, the main building is a modern style, spread across three floors and supports five people. There is an adjoining annex and a separate bungalow within the grounds both of which are suitable for individuals who require a self-contained setting to meet their specific needs.
About the role
- As the Manager your primary role will be to ensure the health and well being of our supported individuals and the staff team and ensuring that every opportunity is offered to them.
- With the aim of enabling the people we support to lead a valued and fulfilling life and to maximise their independence to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Ensuring that the service is run in an efficient and responsible manner, balancing the achievement of budget with the ethos of excellent quality.
- Effective management of financial performance, ensuring financial resources are appropriately managed & controlled.
- Promote quality assurance, working towards legal, clinical, statutory and organisational obligations, to develop effective work strategies and processes, to ensure that the business is run in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Ensuring full and accurate reporting of management information and maximising quality and compliance.
- The role requires you to be registered with the Care Quality Commision (CQC)
- Discretionary 10% annual bonus scheme
- Free DBS
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – Purchase an additional two days annual leave each year
- Life assurance benefit of twice annual basic salary
- Wagestream – Avoid bank fees and withdraw up to 40% of your wages as you earn them before payday via the Wagestream app.
- Comprehensive induction and excellent training
- Recognition Awards, including long service awards
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice
- Health & Wellbeing portal
- You’ll have plenty of experience working with those with learning disabilities or complex behaviours.
- You may be a Deputy Manager looking for your next step or already been an experienced Service Manager looking for a new challenge. You may have come from a supported living or residential background
- An NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care is a must, whilst support and training towards Level 4 and 5 is available
- RNLD/RMN is desirable
- You’ll have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident, flexible, and efficient, you’re happy to work on a shift basis, and, where required, to be on call
- Above all, you’ll be committed to providing person-centred care that gives real equality of opportunity to all those you’re working for
We employ people who share in our values so we can ensure the highest standards of support for the people who live in our homes, their families and the commissioners we work with.
- Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism
- Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive
As a leading provider, our commitment to delivering the highest standards of support within our services is nationally recognised and validated by the many awards we receive, the consistently high ratings we receive from national regulators and our ethos of continuous improvement