Buckland Care is looking for a full-time Registered Manager to run our 60 bed care home in Newport, Isle of Wight. You will lead a strong management team which consists of a Support Manager, a Deputy Manager and 2 Heads of Care.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the care home, from ensuring that the care is outstanding, to managing the staff and making the business financially successful. Your role is pivotal to the success of the home. You will need to have previous experience as a Manager or a Deputy Manager of a nursing or residential home. You will be practised in leading a team and able to inspire and motivate your staff to perform to the best of their abilities. Your organisational skills will be outstanding, particularly when it comes to paperwork.
- NVQ 5 preferably or equivalent (we can put you through this if required).
- At least 5 years of experience in the care industry.
- Experience in managerial role in a care home.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent organisational and paperwork skills.
- Ideally you will have experience with electronic systems or be a fast learner
- 25 DAYS ANNUAL LEAVE PLUS PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Head Office and Area Manager Support
- Refund on your DBS check after probation is passed
- Annual wage reviews
- Support and funding for RQF Qualifications
- Homely, family-owned care home
- Free hot meals
- Free parking
- Learning & Development – personalised training plans
- Recognition Rewards – e.g. employee of the month
- Friend Referral Reward Scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£48,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free flu jabs
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)