£ 50,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
An exciting opening has arisen for a Registered Manager to join one of our care homes in Cardiff, and become part of the Caron Family. We strive to provide quality support and care to the individuals residing with us and as such are seeking new team members who share our passion, energy and values. If you relish the prospect of making a difference in a rewarding and varied role where no two days are the same, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Registered Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the strategic and operational success of your home. This is achieved by delivering an exemplary service experience to our residents and embracing the Caron Group principles of relationship-centred care. As a brand ambassador, you will strive to achieve the highest standards of care and compliance, champion resident well-being and develop strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. Strong leadership is a key quality required as you will inspire a culture of continuous improvement, sharing knowledge and best practice within your team.
Caron Group is a family of care homes across mid and south Wales. Our ethos is to provide quality care and to ensure that privacy, dignity and choice for our residents is at the core of everything we do. We are proud to be a business that has continuously grown over the past twenty one years and we firmly believe our best is still to come.
Our residents and their families are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to provide tailored care to the requirements of each of the individuals residing with us, celebrating their individuality and enhancing their quality of life.
At Caron Group, we believe our people are our most valuable asset and our success is attributed to our inspired and dedicated team members who share our passion for providing exemplary levels of care, embrace our vision and actively work to enable us to realise our ambitions. The group offers a friendly, supportive environment of teamwork, respect and integrity where everyone makes a valued contribution.
· Plan, organise, direct and coordinate the day to day operations of the Home.
· Comply with all relevant legislation and regulations e.g. Care Inspectorate Wales (Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016/ National Minimum Standards Social Care Wales; Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
· Embrace Home policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Home
· Provide direction and leadership to all Home personnel including communication and interpretation of policy, procedure and staff contracts. Ensure the proper maintenance of all resident and other records, in accordance with policy and relevant legislation
· Maintain and monitor any approved capital and operating budget; reporting regularly on the same to Head Office. Submit regular reports to Head Office
· Investigate complaints and take appropriate action. Report to the Head of Region and / or the Responsible Individual.
· Take appropriate measures to ensure optimum occupancy is maintained at all times
· Develop and maintain good channels of communication with the individual’s relatives or next of kin
· Responsible for assessing competence of staff, supervision, maintenance and administration of medicines in line with relevant guidelines, ensuring compliance with Care Inspectorate Wales’ standards
· To be aware of and comply with the Social Care Wales Code of Professional Practice and ensure all staff in the Home comply with the Code
· Ensure eligibility to practice by maintaining registration with the NMC (if applicable) and / or SCW. Ensuring all staff maintain registration with SCW
· Maintain one’s professional knowledge and competence
*This is not an exhaustive list
· To have QCF Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults Residential Management)
· To be registered with Social Care Wales
· Knowledge and sound understanding of the Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016(RISCA)
· 3 Years+ Leadership / Management experience
· Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the needs of the older person and the role of the Registered Manager
· Effective verbal, written, literacy and numeracy skills
· Proven record and passion for providing elderly, person centred care and positive outcomes
· Positive, flexible attitude and a desire to make a difference
· An understanding of and adherence to Caron Group’s ethos
· Adult Nursing Degree / Qualification
· To have a recognised Teaching Qualification e.g. PGCE/Cert ED; DTLLS/CTLLS; Level 5 Education & Training
· 5 years’ experience within the Nursing Home sector
· 3 years’ Management experience within the Nursing Home sector
· To have understanding of the Welsh language
· Salary: £50,000 Per Annum
· Employee Referral Scheme
· Blue Light Discount Card (Eligibility to apply)
· Auto enrolment pension scheme
· Training towards your professional development
· Career progression throughout a range of departments within the company, both clinical and non-clinical roles
40 Hours / week and to be part of an ‘on-call’ rota.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 per year
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability