Do you want to work in an exciting role where you can succeed every day and make a real difference to others lives?
Do you have experience as a Registered Care Manager working with adults with Learning Disabilities and/or autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs?
Are you a positive and effective manager?
Then read on, this is the job for you!
We are recruiting for passionate, caring, and positive Registered Service Manager for our home in Normanton, Wakefield, which supports adults with Learning Disabilities.
Job Title: Registered Service Manager
Salary: up to up to £39k including quarterly discretionary bonus and monthly KPI bonus
Action for Care is a private company providing high quality accommodation and personalised care for individuals who have a learning disability with additional complex needs including, but not limited to, autism, ASD, challenging behaviour, epilepsy, communication difficulties and mental health support. Our residential care services are currently provided within the West and North Yorkshire regions and North East. Our service users live in spacious modern houses accommodating between 6 and 8 individuals with 24-hour support, allowing for each house to not only be a house, but a home.
At Action4Care we strive to provide a holistic approach to supporting the adults we care for. We aim to provide our services users with the resources, skills and confidence needed to achieve this. This approach enables our service users to develop independence and live their lives to the fullest with enjoyment being had every day.
Within Action4Care the Registered Service Manager has overall responsibility for the management of a residential care home for adults with learning disabilities and/or Autism, physical disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex needs.
As Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the service ensuring continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with colleagues in the senior management team you will ensure the provision of a high quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
The main areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Management of Staff
· Planning of rota and staff allocation to meet service user need and contracted hours, utilising flexibility of staff to meet needs.
· Supervision and appraisal of all staff members to endorse good practice and identify and agree areas for development.
· Recruitment and selection following all current guidelines and regulations.
· Induction protocols including mandatory training, attitudes and values required when working for the company.
· Absence management and sickness management processes are followed.
· Conduct and disciplinary issues are documented, shared with Area Managers and advice sought from DCL and adhered to, to ensure the company grievance and disciplinary processes are followed.
· Ensure regular monthly team meetings take place, with an agenda and documented.
· Ensure attendance and participation in monthly area managers’/ managers meetings.
Provision of high-quality individualised care for Service Users
· Lead role in initial assessments where potential placement is identified in conjunction with the Managing Director and Operations Manager.
· Development and monthly audit of in-depth individualised support plans and risk assessments.
· Activity monitoring – weekly activity planners developed and followed.
· Chairing of annual reviews/liaison with CTLD to chair annual review- attendance at MDT meetings/progress chasing action points.
· Quality visits to have direct service user contact.
· Responsible and accountable for risk assessment, behaviour support plans, crisis intervention plans, HAP files, behaviour monitoring, administrative tasks.
· Liaison with GP practice and pharmacy regarding medication prescription and provision of medication and appropriate documentation.
· Utilise staff meetings to incorporate training e.g. service user specific issues, any current changes to legislation – how will we do this as a team.
Ensuring effective Communication
· Purchasers and regulatory bodies – statutory notifications, updates and day to day contact as required.
· Parents and families – oversight of service users contact and facilitation of good communication and involvement of family members where appropriate and relevant.
· Local social work, Community Learning Disability Team and health professionals with provision of up to date recording where relevant.
· With the staff team and individuals, line manager and senior management team.
· With registered manager colleagues to ensure sharing of best practice and development.
Maintaining the Physical Environment
· Ensuring the service is well maintained and providing a comfortable and homely environment incorporating individual preferences.
· Responsible and accountable for all service user user’s property.
· Health and Safety monitoring and conformity.
· House audit and action plans generated from the monthly Area Manager compliance audits.
· Weekly maintenance check list documented and shared with the maintenance manager.
· Attendance and Lead Responsibility for presentation at Safeguarding Meetings.
· Ensuring safeguarding notifications are submitted and in-depth investigation and further action communicated where required.
· Monitoring of safeguarding incidents and implementation of strategies and processes to ensure reduced risk of repetition.
· DOLS documentation, record keeping and liaison with professionals completing relevant assessments.
· Ensuring staff team understanding of safeguarding processes.
· Attaining and maintaining a good CQC rating.
· Quality Control and assurance of all areas via robust and effective weekly and monthly audit processes.
· Monthly completion of Operations Report: forward to Operations Manager
· Providing a proactive and solutions focused approach, using innovation and creativity.
· Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with managers and peers, sharing good practice and being involved in developmental work projects.
· Maintaining efficiency within staffing cover.
· Maintaining the monthly household budget.
· Ensuring finance processes are followed and information provided to finance department on date agreed.
· Staff training – ensuring full compliance with mandatory training and updates.
· Ensure training matrix is current and up to date.
· Ensure service specific and person specific training needs are identified for each employee.
· Developmental opportunities explored for each employee to utilise skills and encourage personal responsibility and growth in those areas.
· Monitoring of attendance and behaviour at training – ensuring staff are aware of their personal responsibility to remain trained, updated and focused on the training session.
The Registered Manager role is diverse and offers the individual the opportunity to create a very individualised service within the parameters of the company structures and processes. Action For Care support registered managers through regular supervision and contact via the area manager and in the area and company wide managers meetings. The right person will be supported to develop their skills and interests and incorporate innovative practice into their service. We are constantly striving for improvement and believe that every individual we employ has a valuable part to play in this. Action For Care is a forward-thinking company and you must be committed to developing and enhancing the services we provide.
*T&C’s apply based on contract
All applications will be subject to DBS checks and references to comply with our safer recruitment policy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
- Quarterly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Normanton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)