Job Reference: 71505
Posted: Monday 14th August 2023
Closing Date: Monday 28th August 2023
Creative Support is one of the largest, national not-for-profit providers of care and support services.
We are looking for a Registered Supported Living Manager to oversee our supported living services in Bury. This service supports individuals who have learning disabilities, autism and/or behaviours that challenge and complex care. You will ensure the service users lead fulfilling and meaningful lives within a high quality community-based, active environments.
You will be responsible for the overall management of 7 services, which includes outreach community setting. You must be highly organised and possess good IT skills to complete daily administrative and management tasks as well as responding to emails. Your role will include:
- maintaining an overview of all services
- leading a highly motivated management and staff team and contributing to the further development of services within the region
- Recruitment and selection of staff matched to needs of service users
- proactive, resourceful and possess an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate a person-centred approach with a warm, confident and professional manner.
- Deliver excellent outcomes for customers and to implement initiatives which connect service users to their local community and promote our reputation.
- Requirement of this role is that you will be the Registered Manager with CQC.
- Understanding of CQC regulatory activity and the key lines of enquiry.
- Ability to demonstrate positive communication skills
- Engagement with service users, professionals and stakeholders.
- You must be able to lead a team with confidence and provide clear guidance, supervision and support to your team members.
You will be expected to have regular direct contact with service users and attend reviews and meetings. You will be required to oversee staff deployment and rotas and to work in a flexible manner yourself, including working evenings and weekends. You will develop a clear understanding of the commissioned hours for the services and completion of invoicing.
This role offers unique and challenging opportunities, bringing great job satisfaction and career development opportunities. We provide accredited management training and health and social care diplomas through our own training academy, as well as local coaching and mentoring by experienced qualified social care practitioners. We may support you with advanced practitioner training opportunities in relevant areas. In addition to opportunities for personal and career development, we offer good conditions of service and a supportive, hands-on management culture.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS