Berkley Care Group
An opportunity has arisen for a Residential Care Manager to join our team at Fernhill House. An all inclusive, luxury nursing home in Worcester.
As a Residential Care Manager you will be responsible for overall management of the Residential community within the home ensuring all residents are provided with the highest possible standards of care and support, including end of life care. You will build caring relationships with residents and their families, identifying care needs and preferences and ensuring these are accurately reflected in care plans as appropriate. You will also liaise with GP’s and other health professionals regarding health care needs and make requests for GP/Professional visits where necessary ensuring the correct medication is supplied, checked in and administered in line with company policies and procedures.
As a Manager, you will manage, support and develop team members ensuring the completion of effective inductions, appraisals, one to ones and performance coaching. You will also work with Care Manager counterparts to effectively resource and manage the care rota, ensuring the correct staffing numbers and skill mix to meet specific needs of residents.
As a Residential Care Manager you will be contracted to 42 hours per week over five days, inclusive of two 12 hour shifts working on the floor. The three remaining 6 hour shifts will be super numeri and allows time for the updating of care plans and shift planning to ensure we remain compliant at all times. This includes working alternate weekends. This is an hourly paid role which equates to an annual salary of £35,000.
- Previous management experience within a Nursing home environment
- Extensive senior experience in adult social care settings
- Level 3 NVQ
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and effectively manage a large team
- Good understanding of CQC fundamental standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Previous experience in a similar role in a comparable setting
- NVQ/RMA/Diploma Level 5 or equivalent management qualification
Our benefits include:
- Fantastic rates of pay
- Pay enhancement for Bank Holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free meals on shift
- Cash incentives for referring friends and family
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Free uniform and DBS
- Monetary rewards for length of service
- Access to hundreds of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme, Digital GP service & Medical Cash Plan
- Excellent learning, development and training opportunities
- Luxury working environment