We are Enham! Together we have been making a difference to the lives of disabled people for over 100 years and we are looking forward to continuing this for the next 100 years! Together we explore opportunities with people so they can live the lives they choose by overcoming limitations and expanding possibilities. Through first class care, personal development, housing options, and employment, we support people to exercise individual choice and control in their lives.
We live by our values, TOGETHER we do amazing, we WOW people every day and we dare to be DIFFERENT!
As the Service Manager in our care homes you will be –
Working closely with the Director of Care the Service Manager will lead the service in exceeding care standards determined by the CQC, Local Authority and internal standards and benchmarking. As required you will be asked to cover the leadership of any of the houses within the current CQC registration.
Reporting to the Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day to day management and leadership of the designated service and support of the care colleague ensuring continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with colleagues across the organisation you will ensure the provision of a high-quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
- Ensure that the service is structured in a way that provides flexibility, reliability, and continuity.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Care to participate in the strategic development to identify and develop care services which are innovative and high quality.
- Develop services through increased delivered hours and maximising referral opportunities.
- Manage projects that will improve efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Ensure that complaints, safeguarding alerts, incidents and accidents are dealt with in a professional manner following company policies and procedures and where necessary local authority procedures.
- Ensure medicine receipt, disposal and administration is handled and documented in line with policy.
- Ensure the service meets and exceeds the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Fundamental Standards of Quality & Safety’.
- Maintain a regular schedule of direct observation of practice to observe care delivery and standards across the service.
- Ensure that visits and inspections by regulatory bodies such as the CQC are facilitated effectively.
- Maintain own personal development in relation to training and social care
- Work with the Director of Care to prepare and update annual business plans in line with budget parameters.
- To develop operational controls in partnership with the Director of Care to ensure a commitment to cost effectiveness.
- Proactively review and manage delegated budgets ensuring efficient use of financial resource available.
- Produce monthly financial reports for the Director of Care detailing actual spend against budget.
- Work with the Accounts team to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices and receipt of income.
- Ensure the service is appropriately resourced and develop pro-active plans to reduce vacancies and reliance on agency staffing.
- Ensure that staff are appropriately inducted.
- Provide support and guidance to your team to ensure that all care requirements are met and result in care planning and delivery that is effective, regularly reviewed and evaluated in line with best practice guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communication to ensure that all staff are aw are of and can contribute to operational developments.
- Provide positive leadership with regards to service delivery, safeguarding and whistleblowing
Skills and knowledge required for the role –
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards of the service, including the need for the management and delivery of person-centred services.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage the performance of others.
- Ability to deal effectively with changing priorities.
- Ability to recognise and develop additional opportunities for the service.
- Ability to create effective person-centred plans.
- Ability to lead a team to maximise dignity and respect within a care setting.
- Ability to develop and promote positive working relationships with individual service users, their family and professional colleagues.
- Robust knowledge of ‘safeguarding’ vulnerable adults and children.
- Experience of working as a Registered Manager within a domiciliary care service/ residential care service
- Experience working of working with people with disabilities and those who have learning disabilities.
- Proven experience of person centred working and of maximising dignity in a care setting.
- Experience of working within a residential care service
- Used to working to tight deadlines and to agreed targets.
- Demonstrable experience of CQC inspections with successful outcomes
Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care