Day Centre Service Manager (Non – Registered) – Full Time
£27,859 per annum
Real Life Options is a registered charity, we deliver creative, dynamic and person-centred services providing a range of individualised support
Come and work for Real Life Options and you’ll start your day knowing that you’re making a difference by supporting greater independence and creating more opportunities for people with learning disabilities and autism.
As the service manager you will be responsible for the overall management of the service. You will lead and monitor the work of a team supporting individuals ensuring the services provided adhere at all times to Real Life Options’ values, ordinary life principles acting as a role model for the staff team.
You will offer support to individuals by being involved with the assessment of service users and potential service users, implementing support and personal care plans as appropriate, liaising with families, social workers and other professionals on behalf of the service user and ensuring that appropriate medication procedures are in place and service users are supported in the administration of medication.
Staff management will involve regular supervision, monitoring of attendance and absence levels, taking on emergency out of hours (on call) as per a rota system, regular team meetings ensuring regular communication and feedback on policies and procedures which are implemented throughout all aspects of service provision, and changes within the Organisation.
You will have financial responsibility by reporting any issues relating to the financial management of the service, ensure appropriate financial records are maintained including management of petty cash along with preparing monthly financial information;
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or qualified by experience
- Current or previous manager experience
- Significant experience of supporting people with complex needs including ASD Mental Health and challenging behaviour
- Experience of implementing strategies for individuals who express their frustrations and needs through challenging behaviour
- People management experience
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
- The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable people and their families
- Good listening skills
- An empathetic approach
- The ability to gain the trust of individuals and their families and to build good relationships with vulnerable people
- The ability to carry out practical and domestic duties
- An organised, efficient and flexible approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high level of patience and emotional resilience
- A non-judgmental attitude regardless of the individual’s needs or situation
- Good written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to manage operational budgets and an understanding of direct payments
- Good IT skills including Outlook and Microsoft Word
- A respect for client confidentiality
Benefits and Rewards
At Real Life Options we treat our people with the same respect, care and consideration that we show to the people we support. Not only do we provide competitive rates of pay, a great place to work and great job satisfaction, our additional benefits include:
- Accredited training giving you the knowledge and skills to deliver a first rate job
- Access to training bursaries
- A minimum of 28-days paid holiday a year, including bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- An employer contributory pension scheme
- A free Employee Assistance Programme (including a medical helpline, telephone and face-to-face counselling, debt, financial and legal information)
- Life cover 2 x Annual Salary
- Refer a Friend Incentive £250 Bonus (terms and conditions apply)
- A financial wellbeing scheme
- A reward gateway with access to discounted goods and services
- Recognition Initiatives
- The chance to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We are keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours who can help us to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do these are:
Respect – Honesty – Responsibility – Excellence
If you can circle 6 or more of the skills below, then you could be the person we are looking for:
Honest – Good Communicator – Strong Values – Flexible – Passionate – Self Motivated – Reliable – Caring – Inclusive
Please note that initial contact with applicants will usually be by email, so please check all of your email folders regularly, including your junk mail folders.
Real Life Options are an equal opportunities employer. We seek to recruit, train and promote the best person for the job, to make full use of the talents and resources of all our people and to craft a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
If you have a disability, a learning difficulty, a medical condition or individual need that you believe may affect your performance in selection, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes to enable you to perform at your best