OB TITLE: SERVICES MANAGER
Responsible to Melton Mencap Executive Committee.
Service Management Implementation and Oversight,
Office based. On site Melton Mowbray Leicestershire, Monday to Friday
Strategic Plan Development and Implementation
Target Setting and Monitoring
Management and Oversight of Leicestershire County Council Framework Agreement
Compliance with all relevant legislation
Full time permanent position 37.5 hours per week. Salary £39,000 plus on-call payments
Probationary period of 6 months
Appointment conditional of CQC Registered Manager status
Closing date for applications Friday 8thSeptember. Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibility For Delivery of
- Recruitment, training
- Support and supervision of staff and volunteers
- Systematic evaluation and review of services ensuring Quality Assurance
- Identify any integration possibilities
- Visit clubs and groups
Organisation of Personal Support Service
- To maintain sustainability of the service
- Ensure quality and high standard delivery of support
- Provide a person centred service where needs of the individual are paramount.
- Recruit, train and support staff.
- Support staff team to provide a 24 hour support service.
- Provide rota for staff team
- Ensure services are paid for by private, external and provider managed accounts.
- Liaise with all external; agencies to maintain the service
- Support individuals through any crisis, working closely with support staff to ensure they are supported too.( e.g. illness, bereavement, hospital admission)
- Produce initial support plan and risk assessment and review as required at least annually.
- Staff support and organisation of regular supervision opportunities.
- Direct supervision of core staff
- Maintain staff records
- Review and Update Job Descriptions
- Ensure communication between staff and management including team days.
- Create an open door policy to support staff and ensure team work and high moral.
- Create a ethos that ensures staff know they are valued and cared for.
- Operation of HR services provided by Peninsula and BrightHR
- Oversee Finance Officer and budget management with ability as back-up role
- Oversee timely payment receipt.
- Have an understanding of funding criteria
- Liaison re funding of individual support where appropriate
- Identify funding sources for developments, make bids and grant applications. Conduct negotiations with councils and other funders.
- Maintain “open door” communication
- Referral to appropriate services, monitor the effectiveness of the referral
- Organise social activities
- Oversee Training Officer
- Identify staff training needs, organise training opportunities
- Identify own training needs
- Compose and review policies to be countersigned by trustees
- Inform Trustees on good practice and changing guidelines
- Ensure that all policies are complied with or inform Trustees of non-compliance
- Maintain an awareness of the local learning disabilities community in order to monitor effectiveness/deficit of service
- Liaison with professionals and awareness of their roles
- Work with children and adult social care teams
- Campaign to improve services as necessary
- Attend Service Reviews
Liaison with Trustees
- Produce a monthly report for trustees
- Facilitate and attend meetings, follow up action from meetings
- Keep Trustees informed on operational and policy issues
- Oversee the premises, ensuring health and safety compliance including Risk Assessments preparation and implementation.
- Report maintenance and repair issues
- Action work using authorised contractors in liaison with trustees
- Maintain high profile in local community
- Market the service at every opportunity.
- Consistently work to maintain, improve and advertise the reputation of Melton Mencap at every opportunity.
- Clerical and communication tasks (phone and email).
- Oversee monitoring of equipment and ordering of supplies
- Liaison with IT support
- At times assist in the cover of shifts in people’s homes as staffing needs arise
- On call duty on alternate weekends
- This position of responsibility requires flexibility to be able to deal with any ad-hoc circumstances that arise on a daily basis.
- Ability to provide backup to other roles
Job Title: Services Manager
Undertaken recent relevant short or long term training or experience in the past two years in learning disability or an associated area.
Academic qualifications e.g. GCSE, A level, NVQ, Vocational qualifications, Professional, Social Care Work, youth education or F.E., Management Training. CQC Requirements for Registered Manager
Experience & Knowledge
In previous posts, state specific time period and nature of the experience, e.g. voluntary capacity or specialist experience.
A sound understanding of the needs of children and adults with learning disabilities and their families, and services which relate to them.
A minimum of 12 months working with people with learning disabilities.
Experience of working in, or a clear understanding of, the voluntary sector.
Experience of working reliably on own initiative
Working knowledge of Health & Safety and Risk Assessment.
CQC requirement for LCC monitoring
CQC requirements for Registered Manager
Identifying funding sources and making appropriate applications.
Knowledge of play work.
Knowledge and understanding of training issues for self, staff and volunteers.
Basic understanding of benefit system.
Understanding of recruitment, working with and supporting volunteers.
Relevant to this post. Clear indication of nature of experience.
E.g. in previous posts, voluntary capacity or specialist experience.
Good organisational and time management skills.
Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with people with a learning disability.
Good management skills with the ability to supervise staff and, either directly or indirectly, volunteers.
Ability to present concise focussed verbal and written reports.
Numerate, with a clear understanding and use of plain English.
Sound knowledge of setting budgets, budgetary and financial control of funding from a variety of sources.
Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods Proficient use of IT and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, emailing and use of the internet.
Risk assessment and quality working practices
Organising and chairing meetings
Familiarity with PCs, audio-visual equipment, digital cameras, etc. and coaching staff in their use and application
Attitude and temperament
Interpersonal skills, reliability, maturity, response to stress and deadlines.
Aptitude for learning/prioritisation and quick to grasp a point.
Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision. Confidence to negotiate at all levels and act as an advocate.
Ability to work effectively with conflicting demands on skills and time.
Ability to work collaboratively, develop team-working and form and maintain good relationships (parents, professionals, groups, staff etc.).
Flexible, enthusiastic, approachable
Ability to be creative, providing a lead for giving Melton Mencap a vision for the future.
Provide a lead to restructure Melton Mencap to meet future needs in collaboration with staff and trustees.
An interest in this area of work and evidence of self motivation.
Well motivated and enjoys the challenge of working for a small independent charity.
Demonstrate a commitment to provision of quality services, relating to the needs of people with learning disabilities and their families.
Well presented for public contact.
Valid driving licence and own transport.
Able to be flexible working outside normal working hours, evenings and occasional weekends.
Operate a Non-smoking policy
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £38,000.00-£39,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Leicester, Leicestershire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- CQC Registered Manager status (required)