Nationwide Care Services Ltd
Supported Living Care Manager – Derby, Greenwich Gardens
Our passion and focus are providing high-quality person-centred care, treating all our Service Users with dignity and respect, and ensuring their safety, health and well-being.
The purpose of a Supported Living Care Manager includes:
- Operating and developing the branch whilst working within the requirements of the Care Act 2014 as defined by the Care Quality Commission, and to ensure that the Company’s Policies & Procedures are adhered to ensure that the reputation of the company is that of a company who provide appropriate staff that enhance the lives of the Service User.
- Overseeing the safe delivery of care whilst promoting working practices which safeguard vulnerable persons.
- Managing and overseeing the day to day running of the branch.
- Taking responsibility for managing the business performance along with ensuring effective strategic planning and management to achieve and maintain business growth.
- Being responsible for the delivery of high quality care services, consistent with the expectations and preferences of service users, commissioners and regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring that the service provided complies with Statutory, Mandatory and Contractual requirements at all times.
- Ensuring the Company is able to adequately respond to opportunities for service development and growth
- To administer branch controls and to ensure a smooth operation of service delivery on a daily basis.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- To ensure the safe, qualitative delivery of services and development of professional culture within the scope of regulatory provisions.
- To be fully conversant with the relevant Statutory Regulations and other Legislation surrounding the Care Sector, including that of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR)
- To maintain Confidentiality at all times
- Responsible for ensuring the Supervising and Managing of Care and Support workers, ensuring they are adhering to Nationwide Care Service’s high standards
- To ensure that staff complete one-to-one Supervisions with Care Workers, at least once per quarter
- To complete annual Appraisals with all staff
- Maintaining close relationships with both the Service User and the Care Worker is fundamental to the Organisation
- Professionally liaise with Family, Next of Kin, GP’s, Social Workers, Local Authority Commissioners, Care Quality Commission and other Health Professionals at all times, represent the Nationwide Care brand at all times.
- Shadow and mentor new staff from Induction and throughout their employment
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Care Workers as part of routine Supervision, in response to particular concerns, or as directed otherwise
- To ensure relevant documentation has been uploaded to Company Computer Software Programme and CareHub
- Take part in the relevant training courses needed to ensure the practices you perform as a Registered Branch Manager are compliant with Regulatory bodies
- To oversee the overall functions and take responsibility for the daily operations of the branch, by ensuring that the work is carried out according to agreed Systems, Policies and Procedures, Targets and Budgets, as determined by the Regional Director and Area Manager
- Ensure Service User’s Care Plans are reviewed regularly and making any changes if required to the Care Plan and Risk Assessments and updating CareHub of the relevant paperwork
- To work towards the branch obtaining and retaining a minimum of “GOOD” rating with the Care Quality Commission.
- To apply good practice and report any/all suspicion of abuse of any kind
- To undertake duties appropriate to the scope of the position as maybe required from time to time
- To meet weekly Compliance targets agreed with the Area Manager and Regional Director and produce a weekly log of Compliance activity
- To ensure that staff have relevant KPI’s and that where contractual KPI’s are required to be reported these are carried out in line with contractual requirements.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of all Health and Safety Policies and Safe Systems of Work in the Community
- To ensure that thorough Risk Assessments have been completed and that all possible steps are taken to prevent accidents and minimise hazards in the work place and in the Community
- Understand and follow hazard and reporting procedures
- To ensure that the development, implementations and maintenance of operations are conducted within the requirements of relevant Legislation, Regulations, Procedures and Contractual Agreements.
- To produce regular, accurate reports as directed by the Regional Director and Area Manager
- To maintain the offices in good working order and equipment in good working condition and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work act 1974 report any requirements to Area Manager.
- Be directly responsible for all other office based and senior staff, e.g. supervisors, coordinators.
- To be responsible for overseeing training and development activities for all employees and participate in such training as required
- To be responsible for implementing disciplinary procedures, as required and with the support of our Head of HR
- To deliver the highest standards of care, service and staff support across all aspects of the business
- Identify business development opportunities and networks and strengthen the brand locally
- To ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are effectively implemented and monitored.
- To oversee financial processes and completion of relevant documents, e.g. Time Sheets, Invoices, Payroll and Training Records.
- To be responsible for investigating and documenting all untoward events, e.g. Safeguarding, Complaints, Grievances, Accidents, and Incidents in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- To deal with Statutory Bodies, Service Users, Internal Staff and Care/Support Worker’s queries and complaints efficiently and effectively
- To be responsible for processing branch wages, to enable Finance department to process payments.
- To audit and reconciliation of care work billing hours and liaise with the Finance Team
- To be responsible for branch billing and debt management
- On-going KPI management
- To oversee the ECM compliance (Care Hub)
- To oversee, secure and maintain Service User Contracts
- To continuously monitor and evaluate staffing levels and capacity to ensure that existing business is maintained and future business needs can be met
- Promoting, supporting and developing a positive working relationship between all departments and business relations, contractual relations.
What will you need to be a Care Manager?
- An NVQ or higher in Health & Social Care. Ideally qualified or willing to work towards QCF Level 5 in Care, Registered Managers Award, (RMA) or equivalent
- Previous experience of working as a Registered Branch Manager/ or similar role
- Willingness to learn and develop knowledge and skill
- Have a UK driving license and have access to a vehicle
This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about providing quality care and seeing results.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have a valid NVQ 5?
- Registered manager care: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person