Do you want to finish your day knowing you’ve made a genuine difference to someone’s life? Are you passionate about helping others to achieve their goals – not matter how big or small?
Then we have the job for you!
Walsingham Support are a charity that has been supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and complex needs since 1986. We pride ourselves on putting the individuals we support at the centre of everything that we do.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Be an inspirational coach who has a person-centred approach, putting the ambition of the individuals we support at the heart of all that we do
- Have a strong track record for the highest quality standards of operational delivery through a team within your identified service
Care and support
- Responsibility within your service to ensure that all care & support is offered in a person-centred manner and the individual is at the heart of all choices and decisions made
- Responsibility within your service for ensuring safety and compliance with all legal & regulatory standards, and those outlined in Walsingham P&P’s
- Responsible for ensuring all staff has appropriate supervision and/or appraisals in line with Walsingham policies and procedures
- Coach and line manage all Support workers in your service, including regular supervision/appraisal/ mentoring and general wellbeing support
- Responsible for achieving service objectives business goals and revenue targets for your service
- Recruiting, training, and supporting Support workers, as well as conducting regular supervision and performance appraisals
- Responsibility for oversight/conducting any Employee Relations cases within your service
Why work with us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- 28 days’ annual leave, rising to up to 38 days depending on length of service.
- Double pay if you work hands on support on bank holidays.
- Pension scheme contributions.
- Life assurance equal to three times your salary.
- Bereavement helpline.
- Eye care vouchers (dependent on position).
- Training and continuing professional development opportunities.
- Long service awards.
- Outstanding work bonus payments.
- £250 recommend a friend bonus.
- Mobile phone allowance.
- Have a Level 2 in Health and Social Care and be willing to work towards Level 3
- Be adaptable, understanding, enthusiastic, and engaging.
- Be aligned to our values of being Passionate, Supportive, Progressive, Innovative and Genuine.
- Be able to manage your own diary and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Be flexible and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have an ability to communicate effectively with family members, colleagues, and professional parties.
- Be willing and able to provide personal care to service users.