At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, manage, and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity as a Supported Living Manager in our services in Peterborough. This is a Supported Living Manager role that involves managing two supported living locations for individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Health.
As one of our management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals’ lives in a person centered way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. Raising the bar for person-centered care, you’ll provide support, which means not only putting their well-being first, but building and maintaining relationships with their families and friends.
You and your team will develop flexible and realistic support plans and risk assessments with the individuals you support and in collaboration with family members and other professionals, ensuring that the support plans reflect each person’s needs, goals and aspirations. Part of the role will include reviewing support plans and risk assessments, liaising with health professionals, chairing a variety of meetings, completing Mental Capacity Assessments, holding Best Interest meetings and completing DoLS applications.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally a background of working in a supporting living setting within the LD sector and of supporting individuals with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities and Complex Health coupled with an understanding of Epilepsy will be a real advantage. You will hold a level 5 qualification or be working towards this/willing to work towards this. The ability to meet financial and business targets will be just as important, as will a track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community. You will also have sound knowledge of CQC and experience of managing services which are governed by these regulations.
Experienced in managing staff teams, developing talent and managing performance issues is required, you will be able to motivate staff members, develop leadership and delegate skills. You should also have a sound understanding of supported living and how individuals with complex health needs can be supported within this model.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don’t just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone-based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!